8002 Alum stock issue?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Gator

8002 Alum stock issue?

Post by Gator »

I am researching purchasing a Anschutz 8002 CA and have heard that their alum stocks are prone to cracking or breaking. Has anyone heard or experienced this problem and can enlighten me? Any information pro or con would be appreciated. Thank you

Post by Guest »

Never seen a broken 8002. I know the 2213/2313 are weak around the back of the pistol grip. But then again - to break one you have to drop it from chest height and get it to land just right....

If you're nice to your stuff you'll never have a problem.

-Mark
coolcruiser

Post by coolcruiser »

one other issue is breakage in baggage handling....gotta us a solid rifle case when flying. I saw an Ansh at Camp Perry broken at the wrist from poor handling and a "hard" case that wasn't strong enough to take the abuse that the airlines inflicted. I was debating between an Ansh and FWB at the time....It caused me to buy the FWB 2602 instead. They use aluminum billet vs the cast alum that Anschutz was using at the time. Ansh now uses billet material, I believe.
Anonymous wrote:Never seen a broken 8002. I know the 2213/2313 are weak around the back of the pistol grip. But then again - to break one you have to drop it from chest height and get it to land just right....

If you're nice to your stuff you'll never have a problem.

-Mark