About Lapua Pistol King

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jeffes

About Lapua Pistol King

Post by Jeffes »

Please could somebody explain me difference between pistol king and center x. Is it good for training ammo for smallbore? What kind of test groups it gives in rifle?
BJ

Post by BJ »

The main difference that I know of is that Pistol King is rated at 958 ft/sec and Center X is supposed to be 1073 ft/sec. I primarily shoot Eley so I don't have personal experience with possible group sizes from this ammo. A guy that I shoot with, however, is sponsored by Laupa and he regularly shoots Pistol King at 50 meters with great success. I don't have a clue what it does at 100 yards because this fellow switches to X-Act for 100 yards.

Brian
Albert B

Laua Pking V1

Post by Albert B »

I use Lapua Pistol King in my Walther KKM (in the USA known as Walthet GX-1) and measured the velocity at 2 meters from the muzzle with a cronograph: 305m/s or 1000fps with a maximum deviation of +/- 2.5m/s.

Albert B
(The Netherlands)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

BJ wrote:The main difference that I know of is that Pistol King is rated at 958 ft/sec and Center X is supposed to be 1073 ft/sec.
That's not a direct comparison I'm afraid.

The Pistol King is rated from a 150mm test barrel; the Center-X is rated from a 660mm test barrel.