Hammerli AR-50 with inconsistent velocity

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Luke Duncan

Hammerli AR-50 with inconsistent velocity

Post by Luke Duncan »

Bought a Hammerli AR50 Alu-Pro from a guy who had purchased it with a seal problem. He claims to have had a seal job done. He had forgotten to bring the air adapter, and so I tested it with a low level of air in it. Took it home, used the adapter he mailed to me, and discovered that the every shot would tear in the target.

Had the velocity tested, and discovered it was shooting 475 and below fps. Had a tool made to adjust the air intake. It increased the speed, but would drop off in one shot. It would shoot 560 fps, and then drop to 510. I suspect a regulator problem, but have little knowledge of how one works. Sent it off to Larry's guns in October of 2009. Found out last week that he ordered parts for it and other AR-50's.

My question is, are parts for these air rifles even available, or has Walther neglected making spare parts in case of these failures? I have a bad feeling I may not get my rifle back tell June.[/url]
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Walther took over Hammerlie and i'm told carry all the spares and servicing responsibility of Hammerlie.

Check with Walther first, then check out any Hammerlie trained or accredited repair shops who are familiar with them.
It sounds like a regulator problem although it could be a seal problem.

JSB
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I don't know much about Walther, or their infrastructure, but I found this site when I was looking at buying a LP53. So at least there is a Walther part supplier in the US. Good luck on a speedy repair.
http://www.carlwalther.com/
rolado

Post by rolado »

Contact Tod Utter, 10 ring in Ga. He work on mine before and was the repair shop for Brenzovich. He may be able to help and may have some parts yet. I talked with him when Hammerli was going out and purchased a spare trigger valve at that time. He had stated that this would be a more likely need than a full regulator.

Chonygraphed mine at 591fps, with deviation of 18fps

Tod Utter sawmill50@yahoo.com
1837 Birdsong Rd.
Thomaston, Ga. 30286
706-647-5941
Luke Duncan

Hammerli AR-50

Post by Luke Duncan »

Thanks for the advice. Anyone please continue to post if you have have any advice or have had similar problems.