Searching for first air rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

wolfpengap

Searching for first air rifle

Post by wolfpengap »

Looking for first air rifle in sub 900 dollar category. Not having a clue looking for suggestions. I have shot a fwb 600 for asking price of 700 dollars. I have also seen on here the stey 88 for 750 dollars.

Suggestions please.

Gary aka wpg
yana

Post by yana »

The FWB SSP series are very good, allthough I personally dont like cocking them.(wrong way around!). The Diana 100 and Walther SSP's are very good too.
The Steyr 88, is that CO2? If yes, very nice, far easier cocking but can get expensive if you shoot a lot. Also, when CO2 gets empty, balance changes. Not that much maybe, but its there.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I had a Dianna 100 match, and it was really nice. Easy to cock, and nice adjustments on the cheekpiece and buttplate.
I never had a FWB601, but they are highly respected.
S Schwegmann

Post by S Schwegmann »

The type of rifle you are looking for depends on what you will do with it. Are you going to use it for hunting or target shooting. For hunting I like the RWS 54. It is a recoiles rifle that is that it has less recoil than most hunting air rifles. You can buy one for about 600 to 700 dollars, also you can put a scope on it,. For target shooting I like Anshutz 8000 club, but it costs 1550 dollars. I started target shooting with a gamo hunter. I was not happy with it, I was trying to use a hunting rifle in a shooting compition. I soon bought a Anschutz, and I am very happy with it.
T_Dub

Post by T_Dub »

For what its worth all I shoot is a FWB 602 or 3 at my club, and I like it a lot. Don't have to worry about air running out, and very accurate. You should get one, I don't think there's anything else better for the price or more readily available.