Anti-Slip Material on Cheek Piece

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Hon

Anti-Slip Material on Cheek Piece

Post by Hon »

I have 3 questions:

1) Is putting anti-slip material on the cheek piece on an air rifle legal according to ISSF? I know putting these kind of material under the front stock is illegal.

2) If legal, where can I get those self-sticking neoprene like open cell foam sheets that I have seen people put on to their cheek piece? I vaguely remember Anchustz made them before but can't find them now.

3) If illegal, what can I do to solve my problem of having my head slipping from the cheek piece? The problem rises from the fact that I have oily facial skin.

Thanks.
yana

Post by yana »

Dunno about legality, but Schiessport Stelljes for once, sells some pads. Probably big target shops like pilkguns do too.
If not, you could try griptape. Not the skateboard type, but the bathroom type tape is nice. Just google.
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Those neoprene pads can actually be bought at a Jo-Ann fabrics/Michaels, etc craft store. They already come adhesive backed and are dirt cheap.
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

Best Stuff - Tennis Grip Over-Tape sold in most sporting good shops. Pete Sampras often on the box. It is blue in color. Cut in strips and just apply double-stick tape to the back. Apply from front of rest to rear overlapping one third. Trim excess. Will stay in place until you change next year. Not sticky, yet grips cheek to plate. Also good for smallbore prone and absorbs sweat. Very comfortable and easy to do.

Dennis
Brian Carstensen

Post by Brian Carstensen »

I personally like mole skin that can you can get at walmart. the sheets are close to the right size for a cheek piece and when they get dirty or old take it off and put a new one on. It cheap and easy and it give just enough grip. i would put some masking tape under it on the cheek piece though because if it gets left on for a long period of time and if you are in a hot area then the adhesive will likely come off and stay on the cheek piece and is a pain to get off the masking tape is much easier.
Barney

Post by Barney »

Hon

The Anti slip rubber you are taking about is pefectly legal for use on the cheekpiece for ISSF air rifle.

Barney
Telecomtodd

Post by Telecomtodd »

+1 on the mole skin sheet. My son used that successfully for about a year - was yucky after that, but the glue backing easily rubbed off by hand, and the wood wasn't icky-nasty after that, either. I should know - I'm shooting that rifle now!