New irrational proposals of the ISSF committees

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Indeed it looks like the very reason the clothing manufacturers are getting potentially "rewarded" is because they have been trying to get around the spirit of the rules.
Not by me .... a few years ago had a brand new jacket not pass thickness at the trials. Had to do major surgery (cut open & remove interior panel). Send an irritated email & got a brand new jacket ... they lost $$ on that one.

Overall though ... I see your point .... can you buy stock in those outfits?

Post by Guest »

Alexander wrote:
Richard H wrote:Well that measure of apathy is a sure sign of a beaten people "it doesn't matter what we do nothing will be different", I sure hope the majority of people don't share your sentiment, but I fear they probably do.
Point correctly taken. That is the problem there. Not necessarily of the problem of individual shooters, but definitely the continuing problem of the British shooting organisations. Apathy and acquiescence.

Alexander

This the bigoted and quite offensive views of two people who are clearly Anti British and has nothing to to do with this thread
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

How can one who is a British descendant be bigoted towards Brits?

If you actually read or knew how you'd have taken that post in context with some of the others but hey why bother right.

People all over the world are apathetic, because of this they for the most part get what they deserve.

How exactly is responding to Mr. Stubbs comment "that it really doesn't matter what you do", make me a bigot?

At least I'm not a coward and put my name to my posts.
Last edited by Richard H on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Alexander wrote:
Richard H wrote:Well that measure of apathy is a sure sign of a beaten people "it doesn't matter what we do nothing will be different", I sure hope the majority of people don't share your sentiment, but I fear they probably do.
Point correctly taken. That is the problem there. Not necessarily of the problem of individual shooters, but definitely the continuing problem of the British shooting organisations. Apathy and acquiescence.

Alexander
Alexander, the powers that be have been very successful at divide and conqour. No group cares about anyone else till they come for them. Like the old saying goes "when they came for me there was no one left to stand up for me". When you look at when the powers take anyones right for anything it makes it one step easier to take rights from everyone else.
GTFS

Rewarded I dont think so

Post by GTFS »

Nico

How are the manufacturers going to be rewarded when most likely any stock of boots, jackets, trousers etc, not to mention all the differant materials they have in stock will be illegal under the (proposed) new rules? My manufacturer of choice has not recived the order for my new jacket until there is more clear information about what or when anything will change. How many other people have delayed buying new gear in the confusion?? Lost sales and useless stock is hardly a reward. If the manufactures are not allready designing new gear to comply then they are silly but what if nothing changes? then a waste of time & development cost, again hardly a reward. I very much doubt the manufacturers dreamed this crap up.

I hope your tens are as good as mine

Glen Turner
Barney

Post by Barney »

David Levene wrote:
Barney wrote:......lives the other side of Aus to me.
Just a 2 hour drive then ;-)

More like a 5 hour flight :-)

Barney