Pellet Test Rig for Air Rifle (DIY)

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Hon

Pellet Test Rig for Air Rifle (DIY)

Post by Hon »

Does anyone have a plan or idea to build a test rig for air rifle? Those available on the market are a bit out of my budget. I have seen one with the manufacturer's description: "With the Test Bench the rifle is moving naturally with recoil giving the same group characteristics as when shooting from the shoulder’". Does it have some kind of mechanism that allow recoil to happen but return the rifle back to the exact position before for next firing?

Thanks everyone.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Take the action out of the stock and clamp it in a firmly mounted bench vise (surprisingly cheap at Harbor Freight) and start testing.

You may wish to put wood or heavy cardboard between the vise jaws and your gun to avoid crushing or marring. You can hold it with heavy "C" clamps so it is portable.

Worked great for me!
B&S

Post by B&S »

If you want to keep it in the stock you can get a hold of Newt Engle in Ohio. He makes a neet test rig that works for air and small bore. Some one out there has his e-mail I'm sure. I have lost it.
UA Rifle Guy

Post by UA Rifle Guy »

Newt Engle here and yes I help my dad market a rest for under $200. If that fits your budget send me and email at mengle@uakron.edu. I will be glad to send you photo's and info. Try the email first because despite the fact I would love to get on this forum more frequently I simply don't get here as often as I would like.