Tour of Germany in October 2010

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Richard H

Post by Richard H »

SolidGun wrote:It is too bad that this trip is taking place while school is in session. I saw the original post come up only a few minutes after it was posted and I have been talking to my wife about this......but I can't afford to skip school for a week in October.

Hopefully another trip will happen at a better time someday again.
Unfortunately, the trip takes in lots of factories and in Europe good luck trying to find factories working in the summer.
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

Here are some photos of the Germany tour, in 2006.

We made the mandatory visit to the Neuschwannstein Castle.

Here is a unique display of a air rifle at the Walther factory museum.

These two Anschutz factory workers are straigtening barrels. Look at the special fixtures they are using to do this.

More photos later.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
cclarence01

October 2010

Post by cclarence01 »

The October tour would be perfect. When will be the exact date?

chiropractic marketing
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

Hello
I live in France, and the germany is nearly from us.
What is exactly the german tour, a shooting tour or only a tourist travel ?
I 'm intersting ,
Have you think to an France tour ?
Gerhard
David Donley

I'm Interested!

Post by David Donley »

I am interested in the trip. Please provide details as they are available. Will we need an air pistol for the trip?
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Gerhard, please see my first post for the links with explanations.
David, you can bring an AP, or AR or not, whatever your choice
Doug Maxwell

European Tour 2010

Post by Doug Maxwell »

1) I am interested in this tour, I can keep up through Slocat or Kate

2) This is probably too much, but is there any chance of visiting the Italian makers (Pardini, MatchGuns, etc.) as long as the tour is in Europe?
TwoLegPete

Post by TwoLegPete »

If you have some time to spare in Munich, be sure to visit

http://www.jagd-fischerei-museum.de/ the German Museum for Hunting and Fishing. You'll find a lot of old guns on display. And you'll learn a lot about the history and folklore of hunting in Germany

http://www.deutsches-museum.de/en/exhibitions/ one of the biggest museums on science and technology of the world. I've been there 4 or 5 times and I havn't seen half of it. Very well suited for wife & kids, too.

... and the Alps are only one hour to the south...

hope that you'll enjoy your trip to Germany!

Peter
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

Here is a photo of our tour group eating dinner at a host German shooting club. The food was delicious and the range was just through that door you see. They had beer on tap, just off the left side of the pic.

Here the tour group is shooting some air guns at another of the hosting German clubs. In the foreground is Jim Cruise, Tenant Creek, Australia. Note all electronic targets. That is Marc Orvin in the black T-shirt.

Here is the customer ammo testing range at RWS. Shooters come here with their firearms and shoot test groups of various lots and types of ammo. One then has the opportunity to buy several cases of the ammo that shoots best in your gun. RWS employees also do QC ammo testing of each lot of ammo.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
Jim Cruise

Bad timing for me

Post by Jim Cruise »

G'day Scott, I wont be able to make this 2010 trip as it will be too close to my trip to India as coach to the Norfolk Island Commonwealth Games Pistol Team.

I am very keen to do one of these trips again, and for any one contemplating going.........do it. Not only does one get to some shooting factories and outlets, there is the nightly friendly dinner and competition at a local shooting club, plus a few other tourist sites to visit.
Alexander

Re: Bad timing for me

Post by Alexander »

Jim Cruise wrote:G'day Scott, I wont be able to make this 2010 trip as it will be too close to my trip to India as coach to the Norfolk Island Commonwealth Games Pistol Team.
Dear Jim, your listed email address no longer works, so I sent you a private message concerning the Commonwealth Games. It is good that smaller nations are also competing there - see the rest of questions in my message.

Best regards,
Alexander