Shacker Box

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

roostonu

Shacker Box

Post by roostonu »

I am making a shacker box at work and I'm wondering if anyone that has one, could measure the depth of the holes that the pellets go into for me? Thanks
Eric
glewis4252

Post by glewis4252 »

The boxes work by having 2 depths with springs to push the bottom plate up for the shallow "remove" depth.. The deep depth is exactly one pellet length and about half for the up position. I can't imagine you could build one for the price of a new one but I'd like to see your design if you do.
roostonu

Post by roostonu »

Thanks, the one I'm making doesn't have a spring loaded bottom. I just recently found out the way that they work. I'm making mine with the depth about half way, which I hope is enough for the pellets to fall in. I think they will fall in, but it may make removing the left over pellets a little harder to get out. It's not a cost issue, I'm just making it because I can and because it's fun to make your own stuff. Actually I'm not making it myself but our lathe guy will make the majority of it and a mill guy will put the holes in it and engrave it for me. It's going to be round brass with double lead acme threads for the top with a bull engraved in the top. I designed and drew it and will call in a couple favors to have it machined. I reverse engineer and draw things that the machinists want to make for themselves so when I design something for myself it's not an issue getting it made. Although the lathe guy is really taking his time this time. I can use the manual machines myself to some degree and create laser programs but I can't program the CNC machines.
Barney

Post by Barney »

Can you post some pic's when its done, sounds like its going look pretty cool.

Its good to get the satisfaction of making your own stuff