New to this forum but not new to shooting

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

2650 Shooter

New to this forum but not new to shooting

Post by 2650 Shooter »

Greetings
My name is Gary Marsh. I spent 16 years with the USAMU shooting both National and International pistol. I earned my Distinguished Badge in 1979. I became a member of the 2650 Club in 1988. That same year I also shot 2665. I have been a firing member on 13 National Championship winning teams. I have also been a firing member of many CISM Teams. Before retiring from the AMU in 1995, I was inducted into the International Pistol Section Hall of Fame. I felt honored to have trained and shot with the very best shooters (Harmon, Willis, Woods, McCoy, McNally, Buljung, Laguana, Steed, Barrington, McCowan, Dyer, and many others) and coached by Ronnie Boles.
It is good to be included in this forum.
Gary Marsh
Attachments
IMG_3967.JPG
Last edited by 2650 Shooter on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Welcome Gary,
what are you doing now days?
2650 Shooter

Post by 2650 Shooter »

I've been working for the U.S. Postal Service for the last 15 years.
2650 Plus

2650 Shooter

Post by 2650 Plus »

Welcome Gary, This forum can use someone with your experience to help us stay on the right path. Some ideas are a little radical, some just plain wrong, and some can really be thoughtful and well worth any shooters attention. Post away my friend and I hope you can provide the beggining shooters some good shooting advice. Good Shooting Bill Horton
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Welcome, Gary, and congratulations on your outstanding shooting achievements!
Is that an Hammerli 280 you're shooting?
Ben
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

Welcome to Target Talk Gary. Lots of interesting topics here to review among many discipline styles of shooters as well.
Good to have you aboard with your extensive background. Congratulatons on such fine shooting accomplishments!

M.S.
2650 Shooter

Post by 2650 Shooter »

Thanks everyone. Yes that my trusty 280 that I shot in all the CISM Championships. I used it in the rapid fire part and a Colt 1911 AMU 38 in the center fire part. I really liked the 38, it was an extremely accurate but most importantly it was RELIABLE! I never had a problem out of it. And I put thousands of rounds through it over the years. It was bulit by Mr. Jack Maple who I think was the BEST hands down!