2010 Metric Smallbore National Championships

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

2010 Metric Smallbore National Championships

Post by Guest »

I see that NRA has announced metric national championships to be held in July 2010, at a range in northern Indiana. Preliminary information has prone and 3P championships set for two days each, but no firm dates were released. I also see that Perry smallbore is tentatively set for July 20-30, so one assumes that these new tournaments will be held sometime between July 5 and July 16.

I understand that complete details might still be working themselves out, but perhaps someone out there has insight into the exact dates of these tournaments. Working stiffs such as myself will be scheduling annual leave within the next couple of weeks.
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

Perry's dates are set in stone as far as I know:

3P July 21-24
Prone July 24-29
Buckeye

Post by Buckeye »

The Metric Prone is July 15-16. Two Day 1200 daily agg with the first day contested with metallic sights, and the second day with any sights.

The Metric 3P is July 17-18, with the same format as Prone.

Team Matches will be a paper, two person team, with the scores coming from the individual championships.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Does anyone know which club will be hosting these championships?
Buckeye

Post by Buckeye »

This was included in the competitors packet at the 2009 Nationals.
It is in Bristol, Indiana, not Bristow as stated.
Attachments
metric.jpg
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

The Saint Joe Valley Rifle & Pistol Association has maps and directions to the Chief Wa-Ke' De shooting range. http://sjvrp.com/index.htm

Bullseye thanks for the info. I did not attend the Nationals this year.
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

The other typo is that the range is located 2.5 hours WEST of Perry, rather than east.
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

Hello everybody from a Frenchy
A question in mind ?
Why do you call this championship "metric"
Best Wishes for all from Gerhard from France.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

gerhard wrote:Hello everybody from a Frenchy
A question in mind ?
Why do you call this championship "metric"
Best Wishes for all from Gerhard from France.
Because it is shot on ISSF targets and at metric (50 and 100 meter) distances.

Most competitive rifle and pistol shooting in the US is conducted under US National Rifle Association rules and targets, and not under ISSF rules.
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

Ok thank you Jose I understand now.
You shot like in the Europe :
Prone 60shots at 50 meters on paper or electronic targets
3 pos for women (20 shots prone - 20 shots standing - 20 shots kneeling)
3 pos for men (40 shots prone - 40 shots standing - 40 shots kneeling)
And sometines in France women can shot the 3x40 shots with men.
And also the Seniors 2 ( after 45 Years old for men) can shot and special event of 3x20 like women.
Do you use electronics targets in US or paper ?
Is there a site to see some photos of last events like this
Best Wishes for yous and your family for teh new year 2010.

Gerhard the Frenchy

You can see some pictures of shooting in France here :
http://amannbg.free.fr/Le_Tir/

Post by Guest »

Any thoughts on why they have it slated so close to the Camp Perry days? Is it expected that one would take 1.5 weeks off & go to Indiana and on to Perry in one fell swoop? For my taste it would have been nice to spread these out a bit.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Gerhard, the courses of fire that you posted are also used very frequently here not only on metric matches but also on US target/rule matches. That much is pretty common.

The main difference are the targets. US NRA standard targets are easier than ISSF targets. A shot that lands 9.5 on an ISSF target will still be somewhere in the 10 ring on an American target. While more people shoot perfects on US targets, the winners are decided by Xs (similar to 10.9). The overwhelming majority of club shooting and much of the national level shooting here is still done on paper. I wish that would change.

Some US matches are four positions, as they include a stage for the sitting position which is very traditional here.

Centerfire matches in the US are very different as the most popular discipline includes very accurized military rifles (or their civilian semi auto only equivalents) such as the M16, M14, and M1. But on the same course of fire you can shoot rifles that are a mix of CISM Standard Rifle and ISSF Free Rifle characteristics.

Some photos of American style shooting. Some events will look very familiar to you, others not so much.

Enjoy: http://www.odcmp.com/Photos.htm
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

Thanks for le site Jose, i like to see others shooters around the world.
I see that many forms af shooting are very differents from Europe, i think the weather is sometimes the reason of a form of shoot.
In the old continent we shoot only with the ISSF rules.
The air prone and kneeling shoot is used only in shoot school for the youngs.
The saisons are separate in Europe and especialy in France.
Since September to Mars it's the 10 m (rifle, pistol and Armbrust) indoor with 3 steps - Departemental and if you are selected the Régional and is you are ine the bests, yhe national Championship in Mars which give the end of the 10m indoor saison.
Since April to september it's the oudoor saison 50m and 300m for the rifle and 25 m for the pistol ( except the 50m free pistol) with the same steps that the 10m.
I hope to have the pleasure to come in the states, but it's an expensive travel and live .
Wait and see.
Best regards from France
Gerhard