Looking for Sling/handstop recommendation

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Looking for Sling/handstop recommendation

Post by Guest »

I just bought a used Anschutz 8002S ALu on this forum and I am trying to get some Accessories. I shoot mostly for fun at home but also use aiir rifle training for the some biathlons in the winter.
Can anyone recommend a decent sling and handstop and whatever other hardware I need. I have been looking at Champchoice but are not sure what I really need. I also have a AA 400 MPR which I would like to shoot from the prone position as well. Would be great if I can just transfer the sling.
Thanks for your help
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

I really like Sinclair International's own handstop. It is shaped like a MEC but does not have the total adjustability that MEC does so it is quite a bit cheaper. Not to mention that it is American made, so the currency exchange favors it over anything made in Europe.
http://www.sinclairintl.com/product/6505/Handstops

I have a Champion Shooters Supply synthetic sling that is an good as anything from Thune for a lot less money for pretty much the same reasons. However, I do not see it in their on line catalog. So you probably should just buy a Thune sling and be done with it. It is the standard by which all others are judged.
PL

Post by PL »

Since you said "just for fun" there's no need to go all Olympic :^)
Buy the Champions Choice handstop for $15 or so, and whatever International-style sling suits your fancy & budget.

Post by Guest »

thanks guys.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

PL wrote:Since you said "just for fun" there's no need to go all Olympic :^)
Buy the Champions Choice handstop for $15 or so, and whatever International-style sling suits your fancy & budget.
I disagree.

The cheapo knurled handstops sold by Champion's Choice are murder on the hand even with the best of gloves. Been there, done that.

Life's too short to shoot uncomfortably.