"I like guns"

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Hemmers

"I like guns"

Post by Hemmers »

Christmas No. 1 2010?

And he's got a whole album of shooting-related goodness here.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Cool video! Thanks for the link, Hemmers!

Post by Guest »

more like he likes to blow things up. where's the target guns if he really likes em, eh? %^D
jackh

Post by jackh »

The bald guys shoot fast and blow things up video is not the best image for us sane gun owning target shooting athletes in my opinion. Some of those things are well beyond just guns.
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

Anonymous wrote:more like he likes to blow things up. where's the target guns if he really likes em, eh? %^D
Being somewhat of a novelty track, I think he's going for mass market appeal rather than the attentions of a few ISSF shooters :)

He seems to have a fair few hunters and collectable muzzle loaders propped up in the background in addition to the military rifles and pistols.

Nothing wrong with shooting disciplines other than ISSF courses. Sports rely on their grass-roots, and shooting would be in a poor position if the only shooters were doing ISSF courses. Variety is the spice of life. I love doing English Matches. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy chilling out and spraying rounds at a target with a semi-auto from time to time, at christmas fun shoots, etc.

Malcolm Cooper (multiple Olympic champion) took his knowledge of target sports, and the quest for ultimate accuracy and applied it to combat rifles, which are now used globally by military and law enforcement groups.
Last edited by Hemmers on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

jackh wrote:The bald guys shoot fast and blow things up video is not the best image for us sane gun owning target shooting athletes in my opinion. Some of those things are well beyond just guns.
I guess I have to agree with you, Jack; I/m 56 still have hair and I'm not a very good "fast" shooter. He doesn't represent me, however, I don't look at this as a documentary. The guy is having fun and trying to sell his videos and/or trying to make it in the music world. I look at the video as fun and entertainment. I applaud him for saying he will shoot no one and no one will shoot him because he "has a gun." Shooting interactive vegetables or fruit instead of man silhoutte targets says a lot about the image he is projecting to the non-shooting public. I applaud his voice, lyrics, and his artistic genius.

I did notice, not all of his hits were in the "10 ring."
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I am a target shooter and particularly like issf shooting but I think you folks worry too much. Looks like a fun guy to spend a day with to me!
Misny

Post by Misny »

Thanks for the link Hemmers. I totally enjoyed it.
hunters

Post by hunters »

of all the guns i like most the blowgun because it is a simple weapon but can capture wildlife with the help of tranquilizer darts.
Ernie Rodriguez

Post Subject

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

I agree with Jackh.There is,also, too much on UTUBE that shows what some irresponsible moron/retards will do with firearms just to get a chuckle.How about "Drunk woman firing powerful pistol"-which,of course,hits her in the face.How about 85lb 10 year old firing a 50 Cal BMG rifle- with lots of yuks- of course?? Can you imagine what the viewing public must think of people who have an intrests in firearms?? What scares the hell out of me- is that sooner or later these as*holes will probably be involved in a firearm tragedy and more laws/regulations will be dreamed up to prevent this sort of thing-and to top it off-there isn't a damn thing responsible gun owners can do about the situation.
Last edited by Ernie Rodriguez on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
PL

Post by PL »

Amen to that Ernie. But that's why we have to keep holding basic training classes, "Women on Target" sessions, work with Boy Scouts, etc.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

jackh wrote:The bald guys shoot fast and blow things up video is not the best image for us sane gun owning target shooting athletes in my opinion. Some of those things are well beyond just guns.
Lighten up, Francis.

The last 30 seconds are the best. I'd love to shoot an RPG. Seiously, that looks kick ass.

But ol'' Steve needs some serious update of his handgun grip technique.