Suggestions for USA Shooting / ISSF shooting benches?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

MC

Suggestions for USA Shooting / ISSF shooting benches?

Post by MC »

My local club just purchased single bull manual target changers for air gun matches. Our current system of mounting the pulley handle does not always keep the handle in place and it shifts. This causes the target carrier to do all sorts of interesting things as it is brought forwards and back.

We are considering tables to mount the pulley handles to and would like to comply with USA Shooting / ISSF rules.

With that being said, can someone point me in the right direction to where I can either purchase these tables (vendor, etc) or where I can find plans for making them ourselves? Portable or ones that can be broken down would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matthew
jacques b gros

Post by jacques b gros »

Here in Brazil, where everything pays more taxes than anyone in America would believe, a motorized target changing system costs, at most, some US$200. This includes target support and backstop.

One of the models is automatic: touch it once it moves all the way. If you want to stop it in between, touch it again

If you use off the shelves parts, and have a box made out of metal sheets, I bet that you can do it for, lets guess, some US$100. Just don't make it move too fast, targets get in the habit of falling...

If you want, will find the maker and put you in touch.

As for the benches: tables that you can fix one to the other, to stabilize.