Washing Canvas Shooting Gear

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Help me guest

Washing Canvas Shooting Gear

Post by Help me guest »

I'm getting back into shooting after some time off and just pulled my gear out of storage. Sadly, I think there is rodent urine on my shooting pants. Anyone have a good method for washing canvas shooting gear?

I've always been scared to use any chemicals, even mild soap. I was planning on rinsing the pants using my shower head with warm water and seeing how that worked. I figure this won't be any worse than the rain storms they endured at Perry.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

Hello from France
I have wash may canvas jacket with the steam machine (vaporetto), i use a brush on it with a piece of towel. and i change it when this is dirty.
It's really good. The jacket and trousers also keep their rigidity.
Excuse my scolar english, and i hope you understand what i want to explain.
Regards from a French Shooter

Gerhard
RobStubbs

Re: Washing Canvas Shooting Gear

Post by RobStubbs »

Help me guest wrote:I'm getting back into shooting after some time off and just pulled my gear out of storage. Sadly, I think there is rodent urine on my shooting pants. Anyone have a good method for washing canvas shooting gear?

I've always been scared to use any chemicals, even mild soap. I was planning on rinsing the pants using my shower head with warm water and seeing how that worked. I figure this won't be any worse than the rain storms they endured at Perry.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I don't see why mild soap and warm water wouldn't be fine, or as mentioned a steam cleaner. If it really is rodent pee then it needs proper cleaning to kill the bugs (and get rid of the smell) - water alone won't do either.

Rob.