Gehmann Air Pistol Trigger Gauge (Weight)

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

steyrlp10

Gehmann Air Pistol Trigger Gauge (Weight)

Post by steyrlp10 »

I'm in CA and am trying to find a local retail shop and/or US online source to purchase an air pistol trigger weight. I have some matches coming up and would like to avoid walking in with a too-light-of-a-trigger and getting booed.

I've seen one for sale on Intershoot, but I have no clue about converting US dollars into pounds/Euros.

I tried the search engine for Pilkguns but didn't happen to see any for sale. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Thanks for any suggestions/answers.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I have a postal scale that I use for light triggers. I made a hook from wire, and attach weight to it. When it trips the trigger, weigh it. I also have a Lyman trigger scale. I think they are about 50 bucks.
steyrlp10

Post by steyrlp10 »

Thanks Terry for your suggestion. As a girl, I'm pretty lame with any type of building project (although nail guns are cool!)

I was able to locate the 500 gram weight from Brownells -- and I'm glad they're in the States. Buy American, right?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Bend a piece of coat hangar and tape two tins of pellets to it.

Now you're in business, unless you feel you absolutely must spend money to be assured that the ref won't severely abuse you.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

steyrlp10 wrote:Thanks Terry for your suggestion. As a girl, I'm pretty lame with any type of building project (although nail guns are cool!)

I was able to locate the 500 gram weight from Brownells -- and I'm glad they're in the States. Buy American, right?
a quick look at the Brownells' catalogue shows trigger weights with rollers - depending on the trigger on your pistol these might not give the same 'outcome' as a trigger weight that meets the ISSF requirements (8.4.1.6.1)