Minneapolis Rifle Club 300 Meter Invitation, Prize Award

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

22big

Minneapolis Rifle Club 300 Meter Invitation, Prize Award

Post by 22big »

I have just received an approval announcement for posting a 300 meter 60 shots Standing position tournament at Minneapolis Rifle Club, Feb. 13 and 14, 2010.

This tournament gives out money prize award to winners 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. There are two Standing Position categories: Iron sight and any sights. The 300 meter range is equipped with electronic scoring system, so no target pulling is needed. The shooters fire shots in indoor heated building and read the scores via the individual computer aside.

Please mark your calendar and come to join us for the tournament. I have enclosed the announcement for the tournament detail. This tournament is a private donation by Mr. Robert Sandager.

Happy Holidays,

22big
Attachments
REVISED 60 shot offhand match.doc
(34.5 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Last edited by 22big on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

60 shoot standing 300m it's a very difficult match
Prone is easy but standing is a hard work at 300m.
Have you a site for this club ?
Hello from France
Gerhard
22big

Minneapolis Rifle Club

Post by 22big »

Please check these links for your reference:
http://www.mgfc.org/
http://www.mrra.org/

We are associated with these clubs.

Yes, it is going to be a great shoot. It will be liked a "Big Brother" from air rifle match. Further more, it will be great if we can have some women shooter participate the event.

Good luck to all,

22big
mjmarz

Awards

Post by mjmarz »

The awards are impressive.
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

Wow. I just wish it was closer. Heck of a drive from Northern VA.

Resp'y,
Bob S.
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

Wow. I just wish it was closer. Heck of a drive from Northern VA. I'd like to see more 300 meter events!

Resp'y,
Bob S.
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

Hello
More far for me :-))
But it's a great idea for the shooting.
Regards

Gerhard from France
22big

Post by 22big »

I am curious; how many of you shoot 300 meter 3P actively? Do Smallbore and Air shooters also shoot high power 3P, International regulations?

I have seen some of the US shooting team's outstanding performance in the past when they were visiting Minnesota. It was possible to shoot into 10cm ring in standing position shot after shot, near perfect score. Come give it a try!

Bring some ice fishing gear if you like; if you use hand auger, make sure it is less than 5" in diameter. It drills easier.
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

Hello
I shoot only the prone, i dont have my own rifle, this is a standard rifle from the club. I shoot the 3x20 and 3x40 in smallbore.
I am very interesting to shoot the 3P in 300m.
If i find a stock for the rifle i make it in 2010.
Look at this Url, it's yhe place where we shot in France, with some GB Shooters.
http://amannbg.free.fr/Le_Tir/Le_300_m.html
Best regards from France
22big

Post by 22big »

Thank you so much for sharing your club information. I see many Grunig rifles at 300 meter pictures.

Many of us here use Remington 700 action and Anschutz stock to customize a 300 meter 3P rifle. There are many superior components available for Remington 700 action on the market. The Europeans origin shooters bring Grunig and other fantastic rifles to practice and compete. Some of these rifles are representation of fine art and precision engineering.

We have a few of shooters here can easily perform 100% in Prone position. I joked that you guys can shoot 100% at prone; but I can make the difference even out by 1 shot at standing position. Just a joke!

Good shooting.