Winter airgun whatsit

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Ricardo

Winter airgun whatsit

Post by Ricardo »

Anybody know why USAS takes so long to update competition results and rankings? The last update was in May!
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I don't know but all the results for the major competitions are posted right away and can be found here. http://www.usashooting.com/results.php
Tim Conrad

Results posting

Post by Tim Conrad »

USA Shooting has switched to a new service provider for some of their website functions. Should not affect results, which seem to appear a day or so after the event. There were about 250 competitors at the WAG match, with two venues as it ran over range capacity. So it may have taken a bit longer to get everything assembled.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Tim, the issue is more than simply posting match results for USAS matches. After a difficult web site start up several years ago (many complaints on TT), USAS finally had a working web site. Now they have torn down the old site and are trying set up one with a new vendor. It has been a very slow process. As a result I can no longer get approvals for PTO's, send match results and fees through the website. I have to use U.S. mail and pay a $5 handling fee to boot. When I entered PTO results on line (former system), the results were available immediately. Now I find that results from our November PTO, sent by mail, are not yet available on line. National rankings are no longer available. I just printed out my new membership card and find it no longer carries my classification in AP and FP.
Slowstdy

Post by Slowstdy »

And i thought i had problems..LOL

Merry Christmas and a Happy new Fred, and Y'all
Tim Conrad

Websites and WAGs

Post by Tim Conrad »

The old website provider had problems. I worked with them when USAS transferred from the internal database (mine) to the web accessable one. There were problems from the start. It got to the point where the powers that be decided the first provider could not provide what was needed, thus the change. Things have gone slowly. They are working on it, but ranking and classification are not at the top of the list. I can't even print my membership card. I don't work for USAS, other than occasional volunteer stuff with the electronic targets, so I don't have all the information. Give 'em a few more months.