Air rifle world records

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RobinC

Air rifle world records

Post by RobinC »

Help!
As this site is the font of all knowledge does any one know a site where I can find Air Rifle world records preferably going back to 1970's and with notes of the rifles used?
It's not on the Issf site, I've been searching for hours and can't find any thing.
Best regards
Robin
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

The progression of the world records over the years would be quite interesting. The ISSF may have the information, but does not have it on- line. You may want to e-mail them and ask ( munich@issf-sports.org ).

I doubt that anyone has a list of the guns used going back very far. One would probably have to find, and go through, old publications and look at pictures.
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

This will be difficult to get stats on unless as the last post said look at old pictures etc. or talk to the shooters from that period.

I know the Walther LGR-Match was winning every thing during that period with the FWB 300-S winning now and again.
When the first FWB 600 came on the scene, it started to take over from the Walther in the medal tables, but then Anschutz started to appear with their PCP. Barry Dagger used a 300-S at the Los Angeles Olympics and Malcolm Cooper always used a Walther LGR
JSB
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

I can remember the European Championships in London in 1975 (we were register keepers) and I have this feeling that all the rifles were FWB 300's but not sure!
I can remember the Russians in the hotel bar, (it was that good a night!) I can also remember the Russian lady pistol shooter Nina Stolyarova breezing up to the firing point in a long leapard skin coat (made of real leapards!) that was dragging along the floor, and people think they know about physcology now!
I can't remember when the LGR came out, dear old Malcolm is no longer with us but I can remember him shooting 390+ with one at squad trials in the early '80s. My wife still has her's which was a prototype Junior and that was from the early 80's. This is how this came about, I said you don't need a new one, the world record was shot with the LGR in year dot and that was 390+ and then I tried to find out what it was!
I will e mail the ISSF and ask them.
Best regards
Robin
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Robin

Barry Dagger shot a 587 with his FWB 300-S at the 84 Los Angeles Olympics. Thats as far back as i can get.

JSB
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

I have had a reply from the ISSF, they have sent me a spreadsheet of all they have which apears to be mostly recently, and post ISSF but nothing is dated so I can't check, but its all 60 shots with the men so is thats '84 ish?
There are no dates or rifles but the earliest is Ralf Westerlund with 594, and Monica Reisterer with 380 and this may be earlier as I recolect the Russian Ladies getting into the 390's in the early 80's (but I am relying on old memories!) and the sheet shows her followed by Zarina Baiba(who I think may be Russian) with 391 but again no date.
Some one must have this some where? I have tried the NSRA as a wild shot.
Best regards
Robin
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

Update.
Yehaaaaa!! Have just got another email from Jan at the ISSF, he's found some more info! I think I now have the full record, still no dates or rifles but there are names I recognise from the early days.
Must go off to the range now to ruin some perfectly good air pistol targets, I'll corelate what I know have on my return.
Best regards
Robin
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

If any ones interested here is what I've got so far if there is a (?) it means I haven't verified it
Men.
The first was the first World Champ so I'm presuming also record holder?
1966 Gerd Kuemmet Ger. 367 (?) prototype Anschutz 250
1969(?) Petre Sandor Rum. 376
1970 Gottfried Kustermann Ger. 387 FWB 150 or 300(?)
? Viatli Parkhimovith Rus. 387
? Ladislav Raskovalov Rus. 387
? Sergei Rainikov Rus. 388
1973 Olegario Rana Vazquez Mex. 392 FWB 300
1975 Olegario Rana Vazquez Mex. 393 FWB 300 ( he is now the president of the the ISSF)
?1980's Ralf Westerlund Fin. 594

Ladies.
1969/70(?) Monika Reisterer Ger. 380
1972(?) Monika Reisterer Ger. 381
1975 (?) Zarina Baiba Rus. 391 FWB 300
1979 Karen Monez USA 391
1982 (?) Anna Malkhova Rus. 395
1983 Marlies Helbig GDR. 395

Best regards
Robin