But Plate Adjustment 4759 (1907) -- Looking for guidance?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Olive

But Plate Adjustment 4759 (1907) -- Looking for guidance?

Post by Olive »

For those that use the "4759" set-up how do you adjust when changing from prone to standing? Last night I noticed I could rotate the end piece so the 'hook' was at the top -- allowed me to lower the overall plate thus raising the stock to my cheek piece. Or.... do you you this for prone/kneeling and use a completly seperate insert for standing? Thanks!
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

I don't personally have this setup, but here's what I'd suggest:

Leave the metal half of the butt plate on the bottom and lower the butt plate as much as you can. I don't think flipping it upside down gains significant distance. If you need more distance, invest in some riser blocks and make a simple palm rest out of a block of wood. Make sure you're canting the butt plate to tilt the rifle into your head.

I'd also experiment with angling the butt plate such that it acts more like a hook. If you're looking at the stock in profile, angle the butt plate such that the bottom of the butt plate is further from the stock than the top by 1/4in-1/2in.

Post by Guest »

Soupy's got it. Yes, you can turn the buttplate upside down, but thats really going about it the wrong way. If you like the way the buttplate feels upside down, then use it that way. If you want to bring your sight up, use riser blocks.

-Mark