Gehmann Rear Sight

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BJ

Gehmann Rear Sight

Post by BJ »

Does anyone have any experience with the "Compact" Rear Sight by Gehmann?

In the Champion's Choice catalog it is product 590 with the following description...

"Compact Rear Sight with Sighting disc, manufactured to typical Gehmann standards at a very affordable price, extremely short but strong double base clamps mean suitability for all types of rifles, machined from solid aluminum for precision, short mounting rail allows max movement of the sight for all iris attachments, long standard-threaded tunnel enables use of all irises and anit-glare tubes, large knobs for ease of use, attractive black finish, bullet shift 1.5mm per click at 50 meters."

It only costs $149 which is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying an Anschutz 7020-20 for $408 or the 6805-10 for $255. I have never seen anyone using the Gehmann sights, however, which makes me wonder if there might be something wrong with it.

Brian
talladega

Post by talladega »

my dad got one for his gun. he has no issues with it at all. it's surprising more people dont use them. I would recommend it.

Post by Guest »

Its a very good sight, the price is more down to the quantity they buy in at a time, thus can do them fairly cheaply.

Its a great little sight, nice and compact.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Is it necessary to use an anti-glare tube with the Gehmann "Compact" Rear Sight and how long should it be ? Intended use is indoor 10 meter shooting.
Regards,
Gerard