How to mount a BSA target scope on a round action Annie?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Gl17oxford

How to mount a BSA target scope on a round action Annie?

Post by Gl17oxford »

Anybody accomplished this? What rings did you use and did you use a 6811 rail? I have a 1611 round action Anschutz and a BSA Target Scope Variable power - 8-32x. I want to mount it so I can adjust the scope back and forth without haveing to resight the scope and also to remove it easily ( 6811 rail is the probable answer here ) to shoot open sights also.

I have tried a couple of things but I'm not there yet. Any success stories? Remember round action not flat action Annie.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I have put several Weaver T Scopes on both round and square Anschutz actions. I have a base similar to the 6811 that works very well. I also have the 6811. I like the way it mounts better than the way my older one does. The 6811 clamps from the side like the Anschutz sight. The older rail that I have uses set screws from the top, and it marks the action. I put pieces of O-ring in the holes between the screws and the action, but I was never sure it was tight. Any 11mm ring will work that fits your scope. I have an older set that I got from Beeman, and on my older rail, it was very accurate as to repeatability. When I put the scope on, it was always very close to where it was when I took it off. There is also very little difference in zero when I slide the scope forward and back on the rail for different positions. I have a BKL one piece mount that I really like on the rifle with the 6811. This combination isn't as reliable when sliding the scope on the rail. I don't know why. Champion Shooters Supply has a ring that is not too expensive and should work well.