Hammerli 208

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

scriv

Hammerli 208

Post by scriv »

A shooter has a Hammerli 208 he is selling and says there is a small crack in the frame caused by improper takedown. States it does not affect anything, and is cosmetic only. Selling it real reasonable. My instinct says this must be too good to be true. Question is, Is this common well know Hammerli lore, or am I correct to be suspicious? I appreciate any help you can give me. Dave
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Talk to Doris at RoCo. Explain the problem to her and ask her if it can be fixed and how much to fix it. 208's are great guns. Maybe you could make a conditional buy and send it to RoCo to have them go over it before you closed the deal?

http://www.rocosystem.com/ Isabel
GOVTMODEL

Re: Hammerli 208

Post by GOVTMODEL »

scriv wrote:A shooter has a Hammerli 208 he is selling and says there is a small crack in the frame caused by improper takedown. States it does not affect anything, and is cosmetic only. Selling it real reasonable. My instinct says this must be too good to be true. Question is, Is this common well know Hammerli lore, or am I correct to be suspicious? I appreciate any help you can give me. Dave
If it near the area where the recoil spring is removed, yes, it's pretty common.

Contact Larry Carter at larrysguns.com; he's the Hammerli guru.