Tau 200 leak.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ProElite22

Tau 200 leak.

Post by ProElite22 »

Not sure if this is the correct place to be posting this question. If not, please let me know which section would be correct. I asked this on another forum, but thought I'd try here as there may be more of you familiar with this rifle.

I lost the air in my Tau 200 this morning. Heard it go. I found an archive about Tau's leaking on this form, but it isn't enough information for me. Mine went all out in a matter of a few seconds. Had just filled it a couple days before.

Looks like I can remove 2 screws from the bottom of the stock to separate the action from the stock. I'm not a tinkerer, but this is one time I need to be able to solve the problem myself. I can't believe that it will be a complicated process. Maybe a matter of changing an o-ring?

Appreciate any help you can give. Thanks.

"If common sense is so common, why is there so little of it?" - Mark Twain
yana

Post by yana »

Tau's are very prone to leaking, and yes, its probably an O-ring or valve seal.
Did it leak through the barrel?
Tau's are not very hard to work on though.
Let me know if you need any help.
ZCAUAT

Post by ZCAUAT »

Thanks for the offer, Yana. Will do. Been a bit too busy lately to shoot much less work on a gun. I had it out of the stock. Took a small screwdriver into work and ground off the flared section. Now I need to see if I can separate the tube from the rest of it. Will post back here if I have any problems.
ProElite22

Post by ProElite22 »

Yana, I wasn't logged in and somehow it gave me a guest's name. The above post is actually from me.
yana

Post by yana »

Thats ok. Let me know if you need any help.
The tube should come off ok.