Grip Size on Morini 162 EI

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

BobRI

Grip Size on Morini 162 EI

Post by BobRI »

I have the medium size grip now, but my hand is a men's small (85 mm) with slightly shorter than average fingers for that size.

Has anyone had both a small and medium Morini grip who can comment on the difference in feel? I'm just wondering if there's a significant difference, given only a 5 mm palm width difference. I realize it's a value judgement, but just trying to decide whether I want to spring for the expense of getting a new set of small grips. Right now the palm shelf barely reaches my hand, but I can space that up if other dimensions are close. If I do go with new grips, I'll probably go with Rinks unless I can find a Morini much cheaper. Thanks for any comments.
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

I have a small hand size as well. However, the Morini size small grip was way too small for me. There was a significant difference between it and the size medium. I stayed with the medium and a few pieces of strategically located Moleskin customized the fit perfectly.

Dennis
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Hey BobRI,

I have a small grip I took off my Morini EI short. It will fit the regular Morini but with an extra cut on top for the rear sight.

If you are interested, I can get measurements for you and if you are in the lower 48 of the US , I'll sell it for $65 shipped.

I can't comment on the medium/small difference. I have a large now and it feels great with my 95mm hand!

Ben
imoXu

Post by imoXu »

same size hand as me
I have a 162 with a medium grip
with hindsight I would have gone for the next one down.
although I dont know how significant the step down is, but I would prefer this grip to be a bit smaller.
Then I wouldnt have to adjust the shelf as far up (if at all)
not a big issue though, might make more sense for me to build it up a bit.

Dan