Ideas for adding weight to the muzzle of a FWB 700A

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Guest.

Ideas for adding weight to the muzzle of a FWB 700A

Post by Guest. »

I was lucky enough to just buy a FWB 700 Aluminum Air Rifle. I had been shooting a pump 603 for a very long time. The 603 has a very forward center of gravity and had an opportunity to allow for muzzle weights to be placed on the barrel.

I don't see this as available accessory any longer due to the way the front sights are mounted and the fact that the air cylinder has to be removed straight out underneath the barrel with little clearance.

I'm curious if anyone has added weight to the muzzle area of a 700A. How did you accomplish this and how much weight were you able to add?

I was thinking about the idea creating a weight that can be attached to the front dovetail like a front sight as FWB has given a very liberal length up front.

Ideas and experience would greatly be appreciated.

Peter...
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Check with FWB, i think they do a sliding barrel weight.

JSB
GT

Post by GT »

By ISSF rules, barrel weights must meet the following:
7.4.2.3.1 Only barrel weights within a radius of 30 mm from the center of the barrel are permitted. Barrel weights may be moved along the
barrel.
A simple solution that I have used in the past is to wrap solder around the barrel and cover with black electical tape.
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

I went to the tire store and bought "wheel weights". they are pretty light but come in strips of about 12 (each individual weight is about 1/4oz"). They are adhesive so you can stick them pretty well anywhere, making sure its with in the rules. pretty cheap (think i paid $5.00 for about a hundred of them).. and work well for me. i have 12 on the muzzle of my air rifle which adds about 3oz or about 85g.

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/images ... eights.jpg
ESB

Post by ESB »

I made a pair of barrel weights for my FWB myself. I had some old lead pieces lying around and melted them down. Then I cut out a mold from an old block of wood in the basic shape that i needed, lined it with alumimum foil and poured the molten lead in. This really only works if you have all the stuff you need lying around but if you do it's not very hard. I made them about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide. Then I bent them so they would fit snugly underneath the silver sight raiser piece and wrap around the muzzle. I also wrapped them in black electrical tape so they wouldn't slip around and scratch something. I don't know exactly how much weight I added but it felt much better and improved my hold considerably. The picture below hopefully will give you some ideas. Good luck.
Attachments
DSCN2100.JPG