Where can I find torque wrench bits?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

MC

Where can I find torque wrench bits?

Post by MC »

I have an older model Anschutz torque wrench and am looking for replacement bits in different sizes. It would be nice to have sizes 2.5, 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0mm heads as a lot of screws are coming in different sizes lately. The Gehmann model comes with all of these, but I don't want to replace a perfectly good wrench now. The diameter of the bit where it fastens into the wrench is 8.0mm hex. Does anyone know where I can buy some of these parts?

Many thanks!
Reverend

Post by Reverend »

A place that sell industrial equipment would be a good start, a heavy duty hardware store.
If it sell $70 electric drill kits, don't bother.
If it sell $70 single drill bits, try there.

Post by Guest »

Try Reid Supply Company, McMaster Carr, or Grainger for industrial supplies. I think Reid has no minimum order requirement.
melchloboo

Post by melchloboo »

Harbor Freight?

junk!

Post by Guest »

melchloboo wrote:Harbor Freight?
Only if you want it to break when used!
melchloboo

Post by melchloboo »

Personally I think the bad rumors about their power tools are exaggerated, but even so its a safe bet that simple bits for a torque wrench from there should be fine. I have plenty of their hand tools, drill bits, etc. with no problems. Just haven't bought any of their power tools.
Thomas Monto

Bits

Post by Thomas Monto »

bicycle shops usually have them