Bolt handle

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

GreggR

Bolt handle

Post by GreggR »

Anschutz sell replacement bolt knobs. I know that they will fit the 54 action but does anybody know if they will fit on a 1903 with a 64 action?
LeLongCarabine

Post by LeLongCarabine »

i hava 22 match rifle with a bolt that has a fixed knob on it and i wanted a new alloy one with bands of rubber round some one said heat the original one up and the knob will come off but when i checked the shaft of the original was smaller than the hole in the new one so what i did (me not being an engineer ) i found a socket set that would fit the old knob and allow it to turn then ground it down on a electric grinder holding the shaft gently it starts to rotate as it grinds i did this till it got down to the size i needed and it push fit on great plus by angling it you can get it to go on any way you want i wanted mine to face down wards a bit so i just changed the angle as i ground it down
i now have a perfect fitting blue anschutz bolt knob
warning it will get very hot
Walther101

Post by Walther101 »

If the bolt knob screws off then it should fit. I had a 1803 that I put a new knob on then when I got my new 2213 I traded the knobs. If it hasn't been off in a while then you might have to have a gunsmith take it off if you don't want it damaged.