CPM-1 Thanks to many ...

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Dead-On

CPM-1 Thanks to many ...

Post by Dead-On »

Got my CPM-1 going and had some fun with it today. Thanks to many who made it possible.

I was wondering what the markings are on the grip. I know nothing about the gun. I still haven't spoken to the person who sold it to me. From what little experience I have with sizing grips, I would guess the grip is a Medium or large. Not sure or how many sizes were available.

I'm gonna take a guess at it...

Length of pull??? 200mm and large Right handed something or other...
David Levene

Re: CPM-1 Thanks to many ...

Post by David Levene »

Dead-On wrote:I'm gonna take a guess at it...

If it's an original Walther grip then it's extremely unlikely that the abbreviations will be based on the the English language.

I would guess that "LP" is LuftPistole but, beyond that, you're on your own.

Post by Guest »

David Levene wrote:

If it's an original Walther grip then it's extremely unlikely that the abbreviations will be based on the the English language.

I think you may be right. When I went to fill it the abreviatins are in German so that would male sense. I also got an email from a forum member who thinks it is a grip from a later version of my gun (LP200).
Dead-On

Post by Dead-On »

David Levene wrote:

I think you may be right. When I went to fill it the abreviatins are in German so that would male sense. I also got an email from a forum member who thinks it is a grip from a later version of my gun (LP200).

Now I wonder what the second markings mean.
woodhenge

CMP-1

Post by woodhenge »

The grip appears to be a Rink. The top line refers to the make and model of the pistol. The second line is: L=large, R=right hand, B=convex shape of the grip, 0=zero degrees of offset from vertical axis (an option is to have a 7 degree offset), d= a thick grip (the distance from the rear of the grip to the front of the grip) in contrast to the normal grip.
luftskytter as

Post by luftskytter as »

The grip seems different from the one on my CPM1.
The original has a "Walther company logo" marking on the flat surface on the left side. Can't see from the pic whether your grip has this.
Ricardo as guest

It's a Rink

Post by Ricardo as guest »

No question. The markings, as indicated in prior post, plus the styling and the stippling are clearly Rink's.
Dead-On

Post by Dead-On »

As I suspected.. They are too large for me. I'm gonna have to keep my fingers crossed and hope the set that the owner is sending me will be a medium or small original Walther set. Or hopefully another Rink set... i should be so lucky.

I guess I got a good deal?

$650 for a pristine CPM-1
All fittings and tools
Original grips
Rink grips
Ported front sight
Two Co2 Cylinders
Case

Now what to do with the Rink grips?? Are they sellable tradeable? Do they retain their value? How easy can I get a med/small set of Rink or other quality grips? would say that the condition is 95%
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Those grips look like they are adjustable so my question would be how much too large are they? If not that much too big adjust the shelf up on the bottom. If really big call Pilkington and see if they have any used ones that will fit your gun and your hand. New grips from Rink and also Nills are generally pretty pricy. And if what you need is a small, check what size you may need by measuring your shooting hand across your knuckles in millimeters. That will tell you what grip you need. For example 80 mm across is extra small, 85mm across your knuckles is generally standard for a small size grip. 90MM is medium. 95mm would be large and 100mm is extra large Isabel
Dead-On

Post by Dead-On »

I had a custom set of grips made by Steve Corcoran years ago for another pistol and my measurments fell just under a medium. I prefer small but was told medium would be best. The shelf is fine it's more the length of my fingers. I got a wide hand and semi short n chubby fingers. It doesn't feel like it's bulging in my palm, I like how that feels.The heal of my hand and tips of my fingers feel compromised, not in control as much as the rest of my hand. The ability to instinctualy point and shoot and have it feel like an extension of my "eye to target" as one linear action is interupted in the grip. I have considerably less control of the gun left to right as I do elevation wise.
BobRI

In that case, the issue with this grip besides being large

Post by BobRI »

size, is it's the "thick" variant which is meant for long fingers.