Anybody interested in Baikal IZH-46M?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dev

izh 46m

Post by dev »

paulo wrote: I am also wondering if anybody has attempted to design an adapter for aluminum air tanks for the IZH 46M, that would be interesting (considering air regulation, pressure equlibria, etc, almost impossible but a thought for the engineer inclined).

The IZH Baikal make the model 672 which is the pcp version. It has been out for about a year but there is a rumour that some teething problems exist.
Virgil

Interested in getting rid of your Baikal IZH-46M?

Post by Virgil »

Ricko wrote:.....for the amazing price of $359.

Nope. :(
Too heavy, last century technology in comparison with a compressed air pistol system.

What other benifits are there besides of making your own profit, what could you provide for our targe shooting community?
Simply low your post, "Ricko".
May I ask, Ricko, have we met at a competition in France? Remember someone heavily blaming the IZH there a few years back.
nglitz

Re: Anybody interested in Baikal IZH-46M?

Post by nglitz »

Ricko wrote:.....for the amazing price of $359.

Nope. :(
Too heavy, last century technology in comparison with a compressed air pistol system. Why should someone in the right mind financially support manufactory, which does not have any intentions to improve existed model for decades.
By the way, in the long run, you will see amazing benifits of using this wonderful devise as a back pain, tennis elbow, and other issues related.

What other benifits are there besides of making your own profit, what could you provide for our targe shooting community?
Electronic triggers were invented in the 1950s. Lewis & Clark took a pre-compressed air rifle with them in 1804. Two centurys old technology, I guess.

The Izzy has an excellent barrel, sights that can be changed to fit your preferences and a trigger that can be adjusted to the mimimum. Grips are always individual, so the oversized shipping blocks that come attached to the Izzy are ideal.

An excellent entry air pistol and in the hands of a Master shooter, will shoot master scores all day long.
izzy2

Izzy pistol

Post by izzy2 »

HERE HERE!! My sentiments exactly. My Izzy is a one holer at bench. You can put 5 rounds in the same hole repeatedly. Some are just too lazy to do a little shooting, and no fancy regulators to go bad. You shoot yours, and I'll shoot mine, and we will both be happy. Roy
k9jri

Re: Izzy pistol

Post by k9jri »

izzy2 wrote:HERE HERE!! My sentiments exactly. My Izzy is a one holer at bench. You can put 5 rounds in the same hole repeatedly. Some are just too lazy to do a little shooting, and no fancy regulators to go bad. You shoot yours, and I'll shoot mine, and we will both be happy. Roy
I am 66 years old and received an IZH-46M for Christmas. The Izzy is an amazing pistol. It is a 9+ ring shooter, off hand in the garage at 6M shooting at 6M scaled targets. The only pistol I have ever shot as well was my Sig Trialside .22LR.

Question: What rifle do you 46M owners use to shoot informal 10M target? I would like an IZH-MP532 but it seems to come RH only. I have no vision in my right eye and MUST shoot a rifle left handed.

- Mike
paw080

Post by paw080 »

[/quote]I am 66 years old and received an IZH-46M for Christmas. The Izzy is an amazing pistol. It is a 9+ ring shooter, off hand in the garage at 6M shooting at 6M scaled targets. The only pistol I have ever shot as well was my Sig Trialside .22LR.

Question: What rifle do you 46M owners use to shoot informal 10M target? I would like an IZH-MP532 but it seems to come RH only. I have no vision in my right eye and MUST shoot a rifle left handed.

- Mike[/quote]

Hi Mike, Merry Christmas! It seems that you are 9+ ring shooter; the Izzy is an
inner ten ring shooter. nothing wrong in that!

I have the same problem as you, lost the center focus in my right eye 5-6 years ago.
Not a problem for AP 60 shooting because Im right handed/left eye dominant.
I ended up buying a well used Diana model 75 in left-hand configuration. I suggest
you also scour the Classifieds for a LH SSP if you can find one. Jim Edmundson
is a very trustworthy seller who can find something LH for you. A LH FWB model
601 would be a real score for you.

Tony G
k9jri

I was happy with the 9+ results

Post by k9jri »

Tony, thanks for the comments regarding a rifle. As for the 9+ ring shooting... that was beyond my expectations with a new pistol.

I am sure I will digress back to an 8 ring shooter if I just practice a bit more :)

- Mike
izzy2

Izzy pistol

Post by izzy2 »

NAW; The Izzy makes us all look good. I really love mine, since I reworked the grip, and refinished it. Fits like a glove, and wears like a Redwing. Enjoy your shooting. Making a LH stock for the Izzy rifle is not out of reach either. Roy
k9jri

Post by k9jri »

izzy2 wrote:Making a LH stock for the Izzy rifle is not out of reach either. Roy
Roy, tell me more please. In my mind it is out of reach for me to accomplish. The IZH-MP532 is what I would really like to have.

Mike
paw080

Re: I was happy with the 9+ results

Post by paw080 »

k9jri wrote:Tony, thanks for the comments regarding a rifle. As for the 9+ ring shooting... that was beyond my expectations with a new pistol.

I am sure I will digress back to an 8 ring shooter if I just practice a bit more :)

- Mike
Hi Mike, if you did it once, you'll do it again and again, and again.

Tony G
paw080

...Her's Another....

Post by paw080 »

Lets not forget Tim MacMurray...

http://www.mac1airgunstore.com/mac1_airgun/Home.html

He gots 'em and preps 'em before sale.

Tony G

Post by Guest »

Post by Guest »

Not Olympic, but as noted above, it's THE pistol for Air Pistol Silhouette for anybody with less than $1500 for the gun. Fully capable of clean scores, there are 3 of the in my safe. RH, ambi, and iron (Martens/Anschutz diopter and hooded post-for the "taco hold"). A whole setup is under $600.
frog5215

Post by frog5215 »

Anonymous wrote:Not Olympic, but as noted above, it's THE pistol for Air Pistol Silhouette for anybody with less than $1500 for the gun. Fully capable of clean scores, there are 3 of the in my safe. RH, ambi, and iron (Martens/Anschutz diopter and hooded post-for the "taco hold"). A whole setup is under $600.
Wasn't signed in.

Me.