Anschutz Small Bore With Grunig and Elmiger Stock torque?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Brian Carstensen

Anschutz Small Bore With Grunig and Elmiger Stock torque?

Post by Brian Carstensen »

Anyone know what torque to use with this gun? Its my fiance's gun and i have no idea what torque to use with it. I have been told that a lower setting then my ans like 4nm works well with it but idk.

Thanks guys,
Brian
pfiori

Grunig stock torque

Post by pfiori »

Brian, The book that came with the RSII that I have calls for 5nm. I tried 5, 5.5 and 6 and saw no difference so I have been using 5nm. As with all these things, YMMV and you wont know until you test. Hope this is helpful.

Pete
B&S

Post by B&S »

you will have to tighten and test and keep it up until the bullets go in the same hole. The harmonics will be different with different barrel lengths etc. Be sure to put a little lube or oil on the threads of the screws or the torque values will not be accurate
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

No easy answer.

What you are aiming for (!) is the correct tension in the screws to produce the tightest group. Because you can't measure the tension directly, but can measure applied torque, torque settings are bandied about. BUT, whether the threads are dry or lubricated, and, if lubricated, with what, is not usually stated.

In engineering, DRY threads are often specified. This, of course, produces less tension in the screw than if the thread were lubricated, but it's specified thus to remove the unknown variable of what lubricant may be used. You can strip highly stressed threads if you use a dry thread torque figure with a lubricated thread (don't ask...).

Therefore, take all given torque figures with a pinch of salt. You must arrive at the best figure by trial and error, as stated above by B&S. For consistency, clean, dry threads are probably best. The more compressible the medium the receiver is attached to, the more difference you can expect from different torque settings (ie wood vs alloy).
B&S

Post by B&S »

The only reason that I use a lube on the threads is that the torque reading will be higher with dry threads than with some oil. The name of the game is consistency and it always seemed that the dry threads would grab a little. The torque measurement required to put the bullets in the same hole was about 30 percent less with a light oil than with dry threads. Just my experience with my daughters 2013 in a Grunig and her earlier 1907 on wood.
daotoys1

Re: Anschutz Small Bore With Grunig and Elmiger Stock torque

Post by daotoys1 »

Brian Carstensen wrote:Anyone know what torque to use with this gun? Its my fiance's gun and i have no idea what torque to use with it. I have been told that a lower setting then my ans like 4nm works well with it but idk.

Thanks guy
Brian

Not to interfer with your quire, Id love to see some pictures of your Anschutz/Grunig and Elmiger rifle......do you have some photos you can post ?

Thank you and Happy New Year :)
B&S

Post by B&S »

I'll take a couple of photos this week and post them.
B&S

Post by B&S »

Pictures of the 2013 in a grunig stock. The torque to bring this gun into one hole groups with Eley EPS and Lapua Midus M was 35 inch LBS on all 4 screws
Attachments
010.JPG
003.JPG
B&S

Post by B&S »

2 groups with above Rifle at 2 different torque settings
Attachments
006 (2).JPG
B&S

Post by B&S »

group at 35 in. lbs
Attachments