1407 match 54 action

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

gszeto99

1407 match 54 action

Post by gszeto99 »

Hello,

I am new to this. I have just recently acquired a 1407 match 54 action rifle that is in a 1807 stock. The rifle was built in 1976 based on the barrel stamp. My question is: Can I install this barreled action in a 2213 stock? I like the idea of aluminum stocks. Would there be any modifications needed?

Thank you

Gene
RobStubbs

Re: 1407 match 54 action

Post by RobStubbs »

gszeto99 wrote:Hello,

I am new to this. I have just recently acquired a 1407 match 54 action rifle that is in a 1807 stock. The rifle was built in 1976 based on the barrel stamp. My question is: Can I install this barreled action in a 2213 stock? I like the idea of aluminum stocks. Would there be any modifications needed?

Thank you

Gene
Whether or not you can, you may want to ascertain how good the barrell is beforehand. Little point putting an old partly worn barrell in a new stock. Try some proper tests before you decide. Oh and why a new aluminium stock ? - liking the idea is ok, but you'll be spending a couple of thousand dollars to see if you like it or not...

As a point of note, I tried the aluminium stocked Walther and didn't like the feel at all - much prefering my wooden 1813 stock. That's not to say I'm not considering changing that, I'll just be sticking with wood...

Rob.

Post by Guest »

A 1407 should fit into a 2213 without any difficulties. The basic dimensions of the Match 54 haven't changed.

Tim S

UK