Pistol to Compliment / Replace IZH-35

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Lammy1000

Pistol to Compliment / Replace IZH-35

Post by Lammy1000 »

I really love the Russian Izh-35, but with parts being unavailable it makes me nervous. What to buy...Rugers out of the question, Hammerli Trail side n/g, Pardini too exspensive and the list goes on. Isn't there anything comparible to the IZH-35 for $1000 - $1200?
fast shooter

Post by fast shooter »

Bennelli 95, Bennelli 90S
Lammy1000

Post by Lammy1000 »

Doesn't appear that they are still made, or more importantly imported into the US. I won't buy a gun I can't get parts for.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

http://www.larrysguns.com/Products/Bene ... EB-22.aspx

Nice prce. Good gun from what I have heard. I am sure Larry will support it. Isabel
diopter

Post by diopter »

From my own experience, get the Pardini.
Worth the price and then some.
I've spent more on ammo over the years than the cost of pistol. Hold their value better to boot should you decide to sell it. Proven recent design with good parts supply. Sights and trigger vast improvement over the IZH35m.
Wish I could justify getting a .32.
jipe

Post by jipe »

If you like the IZH, take a FWB AW93 similar grip position but excellent manufacturing and performances.

Same comments as diopter: worth the price, keep its value.

Pardini is excellent too but very different type of gun than the IZH, you should try it first to check that you like it.
william

Post by william »

AW93? I wish I had a couple of grand to spend on a pistol.

If you want to venture into the mag in front of the trigger world, Benelli MP95 is the only new pistol in your price range. Otherwise a used Pardini SP, Benelli MP90s or Walther GSP.

Staying with mag in grip you might consider a S&W Model 41 (I think new ones are wicked overpriced, so think used) or an old Connecticut made High Standard. Even though these have been out of production for 40 years there's no shortage of parts and aftermarket stuff like grips.

Also you'll have no trouble finding smiths who know what to do with 41's and H-S's. The Euro pistols - not so much.
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

My FAS 607 feels not that different from my IZH - recoil causes little muzzle flip. FAS / Domino 602 similar. Sorry, don't know anything about availability or prices where you are (wherever you are...).
paulo

Post by paulo »

The AW93 is a bit more money, but worth it in my view.
And don't forget that you get the same gun as the IZZY with $1,000 shock absorbers. Not really because the trigger is very good in comparison.
Try it if you can, you might be persuaded to save a few more pennies.

PS. The magazines of the IZZY works on the AW93, if you cut the front tip, but the slide stop has to be operated manually at the end of the shoot, so you have to count to five, which you already do with the IZZY.
william

Post by william »

A bit more money?!? Our esteemed host sells AW93's for $2500. That's over double what the poor questioner said he was looking to spend ($1000-1200).

I'm sure the FWB is a fine pistol which accepts Izh mags which are only slightly more available than Izh35's, but still $2500.

If you're a B-E shooter and not International Rapid Fire, I think you'll be impressed with what the old High Standards can do. I'll bet they're among the top 3 of Camp Perry winners.
paulo

Post by paulo »

My suggestion is to get a second IZZY for spare parts.
Hard to find a comparable gun in that price range

Didn't like the grips, trigger, and recoil on the High Standard or Mod 41.
jipe

Post by jipe »

paulo wrote:My suggestion is to get a second IZZY for spare parts.
Hard to find a comparable gun in that price range

Didn't like the grips, trigger, and recoil on the High Standard or Mod 41.
Agree with Paulo: if you cannot buy one of the match pistols (AW93, Benelli, Morini, Pardini, Walther...) the best choice is a second IZH. mod 41, high standard are really not comparable and do not play in the same category. A downgrade compared to your IZH.

One other solution: Walther KSP200: it is an IZH with a better finish, better grip and Walther branded, not too expensive yet.
diopter

Post by diopter »

As an owner of a High Standard, Izh35m, Pardini SP new, and vey well acquainted with S&W41, GSP, AW93 and MG2 Rapidfire, there is a world of difference in the ergonomics between the older designs and the newer designs starting from the GSP.

Anyone want to buy a High Standard? :)
Got a friend whose selling a 41.
paulo

Post by paulo »

I think lots of people are waiting to see the quality, price and availability on this gun, http://www.demyan.info/eng/sp-08.html , a renewal of the IZZY this time by Russians.
I would not base present purchasing decisions on the release to market of that model, I just called them and they said Summer 2010. Who knows.
Lammy1000

Post by Lammy1000 »

Bring it on and I hope they don't put any money into the finish to keep pricing down.