What is the difference between R50 and R100

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

aguest

What is the difference between R50 and R100

Post by aguest »

I've been out of the sport for some time and have noticed RWS R50 and R100 on certain retailers websites. However, I can't seem to find it on RWS' site. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two rounds?

Thanks
bruce

Post by bruce »

R100 is faster. Although RWS don't mark the velocities on the boxes.
aguest

Post by aguest »

Thank you Sir.

Much appreciated.
LeLongCarabine

rws 50

Post by LeLongCarabine »

i have just changed from eley match to rws50 tried it on sunday at our handicap shoot in strong winds i was shootng against guys who normally beat the hell out of me bearing in mind i had my gun set up for 100yds with eley match it was a timed shoot so i hadnt much time to sight in
the rws went about 3 inches higher than eley after resetting the sights they were spot on the wind didnt seem to affect them as much
then after the 100yds we had 50yds and 50 mtrs to shoot normally this would mean a front sight roll over and 15 to 20 clicks to bring it back to 50 but with the rws i just turned the fore sight and had about 3 clicks to set it up so im a believer
tried them at 25 ys indoors after the shoot and boy do they make a big hole in a 25yd target wish we had got some rws100's to try now
doe's any one think that they are too good to use indoors some one suggest that they need a longish distance before they become effective and not really suited to short range, on the indoor one i fired three shots to sight in and dropped four out of 100 but i wasnt trying too hard i wanted to see what they were like must try harder next time
guest66

Post by guest66 »

FYI, the R100 has 345 m/s (supersonic) and the R50 330 m/s in velocity.
I have used both for several years, and the accuracy is the same between the two (at the 50 meters range).
The R100 has a bit more recoil, so I personally prefer the R50.