heartbeat watch

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Froley

heartbeat watch

Post by Froley »

Forgive me if this issue has been raised--I tried to check the archives as best I could and may have overlooked an entry but--
I just ordered an inexpensive, but supposedly accurate heart beat indicator watch with the idea in mind of placing it wrist in on the support hand to monitor heart beat while practicing air rifle... I will not focus on it but it does have alarms that can be set for number of heartbeats allowed per minute etc...
Has this concept been raised before or has anyone else tried this?
thank you
Froley
thruxtoncamshaft

Post by thruxtoncamshaft »

Hi, yes I tried this during training for precision pistol shooting. I had the monitor on the bench in front of me, it gives an indication of when my heartbeat has slowed down and I am calm. It made a small amount of improvement to my score but that may have been a result of taking more time between shots. I'd like to hear of your ( or anyones ) experiences. Regards Thruxton.
Froley

Post by Froley »

Hi Thruxton

thanks so much for the reply--I think I will use mine much as you did---I want to reference my heart beat ratio and see if I can slow down during the actual trigger press...or at least know during what phases my heart beat increases...stays the same etc...
I just thought it might be a useful tool and they are affordable now so...
Regards
Froley