Walther M3 or M4

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

GaryO

Walther M3 or M4

Post by GaryO »

anyone shoot one? What say you? Thanks...
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Of the SP22? Why bother?

Walther's serious pistols are the GSP and SSP. Forget the tarted-up plinkers. You'll learn too many bad habits.
MSC

Post by MSC »

What's your price range, Gary? In the $300-$400 range, the Buckmarks and Ruger MKII/III's are the best choices. In the $450-$650 segment, there's really a hole. I think the higher end SP22 falls here, but I think you'd be better served going for a Buckmark/Ruger, or saving a bit more and searching out a used Smith 41, or my choice in the $600-$700 range - a used Benelli MP95. Keep adding the $'s from there for Walther GSP's, Hammerli's, and Pardini's, etc... I've tried most and currently use a Walther GSP. Found it on one of the collector gun sites. Thankfully they don't value target guns as highly as others : )

Oh, and I'm not turning you away from the SP22 with no basis for criticism. I've tried one, the higher end one, and it just didn't have a quality feel to it. It's a weak attempt at a two-stage trigger. And the materials/build quality is just worlds apart from their GSP/SSP. Considering new GSP's and SSP's are a little under and a little above $2,000, respectively, maybe the SP22's are worth the asking price. But I just feel you'd do better with the other guns in that price range.