3X Air, now Winter Air Gun Championships

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Slo cat

3X Air, now Winter Air Gun Championships

Post by Slo cat »

Registration is now open for the USAS Winter Air Gun Championships (formerly 3X Air). December 3-6, 2009

Go to http://www.usashooting.com/downloads/09 ... ROGRAM.doc

Remember, this match fills rather quickly.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
PS: See you there.
Forrest C.

Post by Forrest C. »

Does anyone know if you have to send the housing paperwork to them or do you turn it in when you get there? Also, does open training mean we get to go to the range and shoot to our hearts content? I would really like to get a feel for the electronic targets before I have to shoot an actual match on them.
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

Forrest C. wrote:Does anyone know if you have to send the housing paperwork to them or do you turn it in when you get there? Also, does open training mean we get to go to the range and shoot to our hearts content? I would really like to get a feel for the electronic targets before I have to shoot an actual match on them.
There is a limited amount of rooms available, so you should mail in your paperwork soon. Instructions on the USAS web site say room requests must be received by Nov. 2nd.

The OTC open training is on a first come-first served basis, but you may be only able to train for one time block, subject to the availability of unused firing points. There is a sign-up list for training. Usually there are unused firing points available, so you may be able to train as long as the range is open. The USAS web site information on this match shows three AM training blocks and two PM blocks, with a break from 1225 to 1330 hours.

The matchs are held mostly, if not all, on paper targets, using electric target carriers. The finals each day are on electronic targets. Electronic targets will probably not be available during the training day.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Most shooters for the 3xAir (whoops, Winter Airgun) match will shoot paper targets. There are only 9 or 10 electronics. You might get one on the first days draw, but from then on firing points are assigned by the scores (i.e. you'll need to be in the top 8 or 9 the previous day to be on one)

Even if you make finals (as a junior or a visitor) you may be firing the final on paper ... again, unless you are in the top 8 overall that day.

Some notes to keep in mind.

1) If you're on paper, you'll get a target pack. Make sure you have 4 sighters and COUNT your records ... make sure they are numbered 1-40(W) or 1-60(M). If there are fewer and you don't catch it ... too bad. If there are more, and you don't catch it .. you are penalized extra shots.

2) USAS I think still has the policy of not allowing you to go back over the cards after you fire them. When you are done, bundle them up with the rubber band and call an RO over to take them from you.

3) If you have questions ... any at all ... call an RO over ... we're there to help