Steyr LG 110 MATCH

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

kaipu

Steyr LG 110 MATCH

Post by kaipu »

Hi all,

I'm from India and I'm looking to buy an Air Rifle and get into some serious shooting…
The only choices I have here are FWB 700 Alu, Walther LG300XT and Steyr LG 110 MATCH…

I know the FWB is the most popular of all, but I want to go for the best out there…

I'm very seriously thinking of going with "Steyr LG 110 MATCH"…
Is there any reason I shouldn't go for a Steyr and go for another Rifle…

"Steyr LG 110 MATCH" owners out there, please give your feedback on how the Rifle performs and is it worth buying?

Thanks
Poras
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

All of the rifles you mention are good. There may be some price difference between them but all will out shoot you. Sure, the FWB is the most popular round the world, but the Steyr holds the world record and a Walther got the men's gold in Athens.

Its how the rifle feels and handles is what you must check and what product back up there is and spares/servicing in your country for the different makes. You will have to do your own research into that.

I have said it before, there isn't a 'best' air rifle, what ever you like will become the best for you, but not necessarily for some one else.

Peeps
kaipu

Features

Post by kaipu »

I think Steyr has some features which are missing from other rifles like its capability of DRY FIRING, their STABILIZER System and of course the TRIGGER…

And not to forget, approx. 400 shots on one cylinder…

As far as servicing is concerned, I think its not a problem…

Any Steyr owners…

Thanks
Poras
cmj

Post by cmj »

The Steyr is a good rifle, but never got 400 shots, more like 200-250 on a full charge. But then filled it as soon as hit the yellow. best thing is it comes with everything, sights, adjustable riser blocks, the take down feature is also nice. My daughter used one for two years and really liked it while she was shooting it.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

I got 420 shots out of mine. Walther and FWB also have a dry fire system and they also have stabilisers fitted, although the Steyr stabiliser seems to be the most efficient at almost eliminating felt recoil. Some people don't like a completely 'dead' gun on firing preferring to feel a tiny kick.
It is the Steyr stabiliser that Anschutz fitted to their 9003 model.

I do though like the complete deal that Steyr give you as the last post said. The Steyr is good value for money when you weigh up all the extras you don't have to buy.

Peeps
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

400 shots per charge is NOT a big deal.
The mens match is only 60 shots + sighters. So 400 shots is WAY WAY more than you will need.
Even shooting practice 400 shots is a LOT. When you are practicing, you can always go to the tank to refill, say after 2 equivalent matches (120 shots).

Like has been said, see if you can shoot each of the rifles. You may find one that fits you and one that just does NOT fit.
Example, for me and air pistols. The grip of the Morinis that I tried fit my small hand better than the Steyr LP10. But I have not tried a Steyr with a small grip.