CCI .22LR Std Velocity ammo

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

John Kasaian

CCI .22LR Std Velocity ammo

Post by John Kasaian »

Has it fallen off the face of the earth??
I can't find the stuff anywhere! Not on the internet, not in the big box chain stores, not in the local shops.
What happened?
TCWriter

Post by TCWriter »

Panic buying and materials shortages happened. Ammo manufacturers are going full tilt, yet because the demand from hoarders (apparently afraid they won't be able to buy ammo) has gone through the roof, the stuff is hard to find.

I managed to grab a couple bricks of SK Standard Plus, but I'd like to test CCI Standard Velocity and haven't been able to find any to do so.

The super high-end match ammo is still sorta available, but I assume CCI reduced its match ammo output to try and meet demand for its mini-mags.

Hopefully the panic buying will end, and we can get back to normal soon.
bicohen

Post by bicohen »

In the New York City metro area it can sometimes be found at Dick's Sporting Goods. It's the 50-round paper-boxed variety, not the 100-round plastic boxed variety. There have been rumors about the paper-boxed rounds being somehow inferior. CCI denies this, of course, and I have never had serious problems with it. As usual, your mileage may vary.
Steve Swartz as Guest

Post by Steve Swartz as Guest »

Two days ago I had the opportunity to be in our local (DFW area) Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, and Gander Mountain (Life is Good! I was looking for a Remington XCR in 223 . . . ).

Anyhow, there wer cases of ammo spilling out intot he aisles at each store . . . 9mm, 223, 308, 40 S&W, etc. etc. etc.

Plus

Cases of every brand of .22LR each store typically carried.

Cases of primers . . . plenty of brass, heads, powder . . .

Is the "shortage" over?
Walter

Post by Walter »

If you tell us where you are, maybe we can point you to the right place.

I see it all over MA, NH and ME.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

My local gun store in central Va. pretty much carries it all the time.
John Kasaian

Post by John Kasaian »

Walter wrote:If you tell us where you are, maybe we can point you to the right place.

I see it all over MA, NH and ME.
Hi Walter.
I'm in central California.