Getting back into the swing of things

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

kuby

Getting back into the swing of things

Post by kuby »

Hi

I am looking to get back into shooting again specifically international air. I was lucky and went to a high school that had a precision team and after going to college for a few years i really want back in.

I still have my 2002 but because i live in chicago i can't have an air rifle. but i remember there being this SCATT system which i saw at a match once and think would be perfect for me to use in the city

my plan was to machine myself a mock receiver and barrel and mate that to my 2002 stock and trigger assembly. The problem is I'm not familiar with how the SCATT system interacts with the rifle.

once that is sorted i need to locate one preferably used (im a poor college student). then i need to find a suitable coat/pants combo (i'm 6'4" and 165lbs) but those are easy compared getting the rifle situation worked out

Thanks
Kevin
suburbanite

Post by suburbanite »

Are you sure about the airgun ownership vs Chicago thing? Methinks you are OK with an air rifle, other than trying to stow it into your car if you don't have an attached garage. (You can always use a golf bag to carry it in). Although actually shooting it inside a residence is entirely a different issue.

Are you close enough to the suburbs to go to either the Arlington Hgts Intl club, or Wheaton Rifle Club for live practice?
kuby

Post by kuby »

i live in bridgeport so driving to either of those ranges is long trip.

so far i can't find anything regarding air rifle use in chicago other than some stuff put out by the lcav.

according to this http://www.lcav.org/content/non-powder_guns.pdf they have current regulations which state im not allowed to sell air rifles. idk i was under the assumption that any "toy" gun was illegal.
kuby

Post by kuby »

i think ill call the cpd tomorrow and ask around, if so i can get me a custom fitted jack and pants instead of a scatt
kuby

Post by kuby »

well I can't get a straight answer about throwing lead, but it seems like I can have it in the city, so i figure if i keep the blinds closed i will be ok. but I'll get more solid answers once i get some money to buy stuff