Update: SCUBA Tank Use & Cascading?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Oz

Update: SCUBA Tank Use & Cascading?

Post by Oz »

Many of you will remember a post I made after I got my SCUBA tank hydro'd and started using my new pistol. My concern was that shooting 500-700 shots per week would exhaust my tank and I was asking about a cascading system to be more efficient and get more shots.

Here's and update and my thoughts. When I had my fresh tank, I noticed the pressure dropped from 300 bar _very_ quickly. That was my reason asking about cascading. At the initial rate of pressure drop, I was destined to a refill with one tank, every few months.

As it turns out, that's not the case at all. Once I hit about 175 bar, the tank has just kept going, and going. I've never professed to being an expert on compressed air in tanks, but it seems to me that this is -most definitely- a non-linear drop in pressure.

Needless to say, I'm still capable of shooting 70-100 shots in a single cylinder. It's over a month past the time when I thought a cylinder swap would be necessary to do that.

So, for any newbies concerned about the rate of use from a SCUBA tank, no need to fret. Just shoot.

Oz
Steve Swartz as Guest

Post by Steve Swartz as Guest »

I shoot a little less than you (live fire ~150 shots per week; 5x that in dry fire and drills).

I fill my tank once a year.

Whether it needs it or not.

Steve
Rover

Post by Rover »

You guys need to do a trade-in on a Pardini K58!