Walther LG300 XT Anatomic Air Rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

GrayJay22

Walther LG300 XT Anatomic Air Rifle

Post by GrayJay22 »

Hello there,

I am looking for opinions/comments from owners of the Walther LG300 Anatomic Air Rifle, as I am looking into the purchase of one of these....

I have known two shooters that have had issues with the feel of the rifle, and am wondering if this is a common complaint? Also, if there are any other problems?

Thanks,
GrayJay
Walther101

Post by Walther101 »

I have had one for a year and love it. It is lighter than an Anschutz. I am a smaller shooter and I prefer a butt heavy rifle so I added weight to the cheek piece rods. It is easy to add weight to ether end to make the rifle fit you.

There are only three problems that I have found.

1. With an up leaver for loading you can only move your sights so fare forward unless you get a left handed sight set. This was not a problem for me I just noticed it in playing with the setup of my rifle.

2. There is no trigger guard unless you the riser block on all the time. I shoot 3-P sometimes and have hit the trigger twice by accident. If you are shooting only standing then you wont have a problem.

3. The trainer /fire switch is hard to push the way the stock is made. I used a wrench for several months until I had the stock cut to make it easily accessible.

Walther101
robf

Post by robf »

nothing much to add except it's about the most communicative rifle i've ever shot... inc steyr and 2002's and other bits n bobs.

light yes... you'll probably want to add weight.

it comes with risers (well mine did), which solves the cocking problem

i wrote a long post about it about a year ago, have a search.

love it, wouldn't give it up. Better in balance than the alutec variants in my book.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Rob
Its a great rifle and i see from sales that it out sells the Carbontec in Europe.
I wonder how long it will be before FWB start offering a laminate stock like the Anatomic?

Peeps
robf

Post by robf »

dunno, but having shot match wood stocks and ally stocks, i'm fairly convinced that walther have made a jump with the feel of this.

i was never quite comfortable with the balance of ally stocks, even on my FT rigs... wood is good, but often doesn't have the adjustability of ally... this approach seems to just bolt the positives of ally and wood together and leave the negatives behind.

i've now started adding weight to the anatomic... it's light, but too light for me... i've probably added 150g to the muzzle and a similar amount to the butt, which seems to have helped.

i know another shooter who's been shooting a steyr right up to knocking on the door of 590, and he's lusting after one because of it's feel.

i'd like to spend some time with a carbontec, but the anny just does me fine so it would only be out of curiosity. I still cant get over how communicative the gun feels over the ally stocked version with the same action... my scores aren't that much better, but it just shows the way for where the work needs to be done by me so clearly.