Scatt again

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

david alaways

Scatt again

Post by david alaways »

Im taking my scatt to demo it in a gun show next week. Im doing this to promote my gun club and AP shooting. Has anyone seen this done before? I thought it would bring r booth alot of attention.If anyone one has any suggestions please pass them on. I think I could even sell a few if I knew a dealer to deal with. I wish I had a different gun because of the grip . (LIMITS shooters). But ALL guns must be trigger locked to enter the building. We think they will let us use a AP without air in it. David.
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

Only one thought.
Will it be too noisy, thereby interfering with the 'click'
of the trigger being picked up by th sensor?

Post by Guest »

David

Any electronic trainer is a fun "toy" that grabs instant interest. Many shooters have never seen one in action and would be keen to give it a try. A couple of suggestions.

a) ensure you test the unit works free of interference in the area you have been allocated before you offer or provide demos - nothing more unsettling for all parties than a non-functioning demo

b) give some thought to how you are going to manage adjusting the optical sensor for each user - remembering each "eye" will be different on those sights

Good luck

Tony

Post by Guest »

David

how did the demo go?

Tony
david alaways

scatt

Post by david alaways »

Our club usually gets a free double booth in the front corner. Thats what I was counting on! A sold out show and what a crowd ! they only gave us one booth. WHAT A MISSED OPPERTUNITY! They put me outside by the front door,good spot they thought I fought it all the way. we had 2 pop ups to cover the laptop and the scatt with a little open area between. #1 the lap top screen , the fine little lines where hard to see . #2 as the sun came over the top of the building just as the line to get in was forming the light shuts the scatt down. we would have needed 3 popups and still it would have sucked. Watching the crowd indoors as I packed up was a bitch. PS. the only 22 ammo at the show was a brick of blazer (sold in 5 minutes ) and a guy had some cci he was selling for $18.75 a box. Walmart in Chico has no bullets left and doesnt know when they will get more. Im on my way to Alaska going to check the stores in Ancorage. My guns r collecting dust ,I guess we all go through this once in awhile. Hurt both shoulders and just dont have the shooting bug anymore. Off to catch some Halibut !!!! anyone who wants to see some amazing sites I hope to post on my facebook page some photos while Im up there. John Zurek went out with my guide last year and posted a great video of him and his wife fishing with the grizzlies , up close and personal anyone wanting to see that I could get u that website he put it on. You get to hear John yell at his wife (I think thats a rare thing , but when your wife is not playing the fish right what can you do) The bears r only feet away from them! ...David
JohnC

Point of Aim Drifting

Post by JohnC »

Here's one for the prone shooters: I've been using Scatt to practice hold steadiness. I've been 'aiming' at the target frame with no target, just to see what the gun does when I'm not adding input. I find that the point of aim - or, where the barrel points, drifts to the right about 4 or 5 bullet diameters during the 5 seconds prior to release. So far, so good - something to improve! However, it seems that what I try does not change this. I've moved on the mat, reducing my angle to the target, I've lengthened the butt, I've shortened the sling - all to no avail. Does anyone have any good ideas to reduce this drift? All suggestions gratefully received!!
John
RobStubbs

Re: Point of Aim Drifting

Post by RobStubbs »

JohnC wrote:Here's one for the prone shooters: I've been using Scatt to practice hold steadiness. I've been 'aiming' at the target frame with no target, just to see what the gun does when I'm not adding input. I find that the point of aim - or, where the barrel points, drifts to the right about 4 or 5 bullet diameters during the 5 seconds prior to release. So far, so good - something to improve! However, it seems that what I try does not change this. I've moved on the mat, reducing my angle to the target, I've lengthened the butt, I've shortened the sling - all to no avail. Does anyone have any good ideas to reduce this drift? All suggestions gratefully received!!
John
Put a target up and make sure it's not an artifact before getting bogged down on this. It's not beyond possibility that your light source isn't inducing artificial drift. If that isn't the problem then great, and I'd suggest you switch over to using an aiming mark and alternate between using and not using one.

It could be that your NPA isn't set properly and you're using too much muscle input...

Rob.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Thanks for the replies in his and small bore sections. I checked the light - not the cause of the drift. I then reduced the angle I face the target at from 15 degrees to 5 degress- i.e I tried to be more in line with a direct line to the target. This reduced the drift, most of the time, but caused the overall hold to be worse! I've now compromised at an angle to the target of 10 degs, and this seems OK.