Konus vr Celestron Spotting Scope

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

mileaway

Konus vr Celestron Spotting Scope

Post by mileaway »

Hi everybody, this is not about bull's eye shooting. But it is. We will have one. My spotting scope is getting hard to see 22 hole at 50 yards. OK this is what I came up with. And need help. The first one. Konus 20x60=80 second one. Celestron Ultima 80. I know there is other on the market. I would appreciate any information on these two. Thank you.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I have the Konus. It is a very good scope for the money. It is plenty clear and focuses down to ten meters easily. It probably won't hold up to banging around like a very expensive scope, but I bought a padded cover for it and it works well for me. The only drawback is that the table top tripod that it comes with is flimsy. I have a buddy who has the Celestron and he is happy with it. The Celestron is cheaper and comes with a cover.

You might wait until Champions Shooters Supply gets back from Camp Perry and ask them how they compare. They sell both brands. You can view the scopes on their website at:

http://www.championshooters.com/store/home.php?cat=340
mstuhr

Celestron

Post by mstuhr »

Hi Mileaway,
I recently picked up an Ultima 65 (104.00 shipped from Beach camera)
I would have prefered the Konus but my budget stated the Celestron Ultima 65.
When I first got it I set it up and focused at the target backer at 50 yards.
There was a sheet of paper hanging where I intended to post my target and I could read every word of that standard type written page from 50 yards.
I like it.
They come with 35mm camera adapter.
I do wish it had a hard case.
It's not an Ultima 80 but I hope this helps.
Good luck
Mike
Misny

Post by Misny »

I just got back from Camp Perry. Carl at Champion's Shooter Supply, when questioned about the difference between the Konus and Celestron spotting scopes said, " It is a Chevy vs. Ford type of thing." Based upon his statement, I would say the Celestron is the best value, even though I own and like the Konus.