Where to find cheap practice ammo?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

sureshot007

Where to find cheap practice ammo?

Post by sureshot007 »

Who's got a line on some cheap practice ammo? Under $200 or so a case would be nice. I usually shoot Federal 714, but rising costs have forced me to look for alternative sources or ammo.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I don't think any ammo is under 200 bucks a case anymore and if it is that cheap it is not in stock. The best price I saw this summer was for CCI paper box at Camp Perry sold by Champions Choice. If I remember correctly it was 232 plus tax or shipping. I think the best price for ammo is probably through the CMP but they are prtty backloged and it might be months before you get it. Isabel
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

CMP website is showing 120-180 days before they ship any of the Aguila .22 ammo.

Even our all time favorite practice ammo, SK STD Plus (or Wolf MT), is running $415/case+shipping. (at CC or CSS)

O. U. C. H.

Even CMP pellets are 60 days to ship

I used to have to really bite my tongue when a shooter dropped a box of EPS .... I was scoring targets when one of my shooters dropped a whole box of STD Plus this weekend ... I had to laugh that I was irked over practice ammo now...... just dropped my head, smiled and kept scoring......
Another box for the Boy Scouts