Steyr Match 91 Experience?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ADC59

Steyr Match 91 Experience?

Post by ADC59 »

To All:

There is a Steyr Match 91 air rifle in pristine condition in the local gunshop on consignment. It is calling to me. I happen to have a full CO2 tank. Does anyone have experience with these good, bad or indifferent?

Thanks
Alan Carey
WRC

Post by WRC »

I still shoot mine in competition; it is a fine rifle. (I'm a high NRA Expert that occasionally breathes the rarefied air of Master scores).

Seals are easy to replace, and Pilk should have them.
Walther sight risers will fit, with *maybe* a bit of filing.
It was originally packaged with two cylinders. I don't like the angled buttplate spacer it came with, YMMV, but the spacer is interchangeable with those from the RWS 75.

The only drawback I've found is that the rifle doesn't properly meter CO2 when in extremely cold conditions. If you're shooting in 60 F or below, keep the cylinder warm, and expect to see shots continually dropping.

Have fun, Coach Paula
e076085

Steyr Match 91

Post by e076085 »

My family imported several of these in the early 90s and have a high opinion of them. I shot one in college for four years with excellent results. I'm shooting the same gun now for silhouette practice and it's still shooting as good as ever. I'm very pleased with it.
Bugslugger

Steyr Match 91

Post by Bugslugger »

I just purchased a used Match 91 in unknown condition and am in need of a filling adapter. If one of you folks would be so kind as to send me a photo I'll take it to a local machinist and have him make me one.

Thanks!

Rich
acco

Steyr match 91

Post by acco »

I am in posession of a macth 91 and know nothing about it. What it is worth just by itself? How or where can I get it charged. Can I scope it to shoot ground squirrels? I'm sure it is extremely accurate and would not want to ruin it attempting to scope it by drilling or mickey mousing it. Or should I sell it and buy a beeman maurader in .22?
Attachments
P1030178.JPG
RobStubbs

Re: Steyr match 91

Post by RobStubbs »

acco wrote:I am in posession of a macth 91 and know nothing about it. What it is worth just by itself? How or where can I get it charged. Can I scope it to shoot ground squirrels? I'm sure it is extremely accurate and would not want to ruin it attempting to scope it by drilling or mickey mousing it. Or should I sell it and buy a beeman maurader in .22?
As a match rifle it will be lower powered than a hunting rifle, and not lightweight.

I'd sell it and buy something more suitable personally.

Rob.