.22 and .32 pistols

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

DickG

.22 and .32 pistols

Post by DickG »

Hi,
After a number of years I am returning to target pistol shooting. I currently have a Ruger Mark III for .22cal target work and a Benelli 95 in .32cal for center fire work. My scores are reasonable and improving but can stand further improvement. To this end, I would appreciate any advice on replacing the Ruger with a Benelli 95 in .22cal. My thoughts are that the Benelli .22 and .32 are nearly identical except for trigger pull and recoil and therefore the techniques and muscle memory would transfer from one to the other and perhaps lead to better scores. Am I barking up the wrong tree???
Thanks, Dick 81
David Levene

Re: .22 and .32 pistols

Post by David Levene »

dick81 wrote:Hi,
My thoughts are that the Benelli .22 and .32 are nearly identical except for trigger pull and recoil ....
I know absolutely nothing about the Benelli but, if you are shooting the ISSF events, remember that CF now has a 1000g minimum trigger weight (as have all of the 25m events).
fast shooter

.22 and .32

Post by fast shooter »

I've shot pardinis and walthers in both calibers and had like results all around.