Has anyone been able to adapt a FWB AW93 magazine to the IZH

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

paulo

Has anyone been able to adapt a FWB AW93 magazine to the IZH

Post by paulo »

page 23 of the manual
http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/fwbaw93manual.pdf
Since spare magazines are almost impossible to get, I am looking for information on the possibility of adapting a magazine from the FWB AW93 to the IZH 35M, and while I am asking with a ten round version.
william

Post by william »

They are totally different pistols. Why would you think magazines might be adaptable?
Mike Taylor

Interchangeable magazines

Post by Mike Taylor »

While the pistols are quite different, the magazines are very similar; so much so that it is posssible that a slight modification to an AW93 magazine would enable it to function in an IZH 35.
The bottom rear of the AW93 magazine needs to be ground down by a millimetre or two so that the magazine retaining latch of the IZH 35 will catch the magazine and hold it in the magazine well.
The lengths of the front and rear lips are slightly different between the two magazines but whether that is significant would likely need to be tested by experiment.
An AW93 magazine is considerably more expensive than an IZH 35 magazine, but if an IZH 35 magazine is unavailable (which seems to be the case these days) then reworking an AW93 magazine could be justified.
Caveats:
My AW93 is an 'early' model without the last-shot slide-hold-open feature. The magazine follower button is small - same size as the button on my Walther KSP 200 magazine (the KSP 200 is essentially identical to the IZH 35). The newer model AW93 magazine has a larger diameter button (8 mm vs 5 mm). Whether a large-button magazine would still fit into the IZH 35, I can not say. Additionally, my AW93 magazine holds just six rounds, so I can not say that a 10-round magazine could be modified as easily as I described.
Hope this helps a bit.
M.T.
mrmosin

Post by mrmosin »

E-GUNPARTS.COM HAS THEM FOR $39
paulo

Post by paulo »

http://e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chr ... SKU=&MC=YJ

Just got some extra ones at double that, boy that one hurts.
Thanks anyway.