ISSF & UIT

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

millsbomb

ISSF & UIT

Post by millsbomb »

While wandering around the Roberts Ranges here in the UK, I saw a large number of 10m pistol shooters shooting what must have been to UIT rules with spotting scopes and large caps on. In the old days that is all we shot and I had not realised it still was popular as I only shoot ISSF rules now.
Do you remember when we had to sell our Webley S/S and S&W 41s when the 5" barrel UIT rules came in, I shot a HPS at 20yds in a match with my S&W 41. I still try and attend a few BPC meetings a year and in my last outing managed to score over 500 (just), keeping them in the black is my main objective now, shooting with these young girls on the range who are doing so well makes me feel older than my 85 yrs.
Sorry if I rambled.

WW2 Veteran,
http://www.btinternet.com/~oneofmany/ht ... story.html
David Levene

Re: ISSF & UIT

Post by David Levene »

millsbomb wrote:While wandering around the Roberts Ranges here in the UK, I saw a large number of 10m pistol shooters shooting what must have been to UIT rules with spotting scopes and large caps on. In the old days that is all we shot and I had not realised it still was popular as I only shoot ISSF rules now.
The UIT changed its name to ISSF several years ago, they are one and the same.

If you saw scopes being used at Lord Roberts Centre for 10m Air Pistol then it wasn't under ISSF (UIT as was) rules; they are not allowed.

I can only presume it was one of the youth / scout groups using non-permanent targets. The majority of the permanent targets are electronics with the rest being a few returning targets downstairs. I know that some of those groups, who do a fantastic job of bringing youngsters into the sport, put paper targets on to the 10m turning rigs. With the range set up as it is they get the option of moving tables a bit closer for newcomers.