My "new" IZH-35M and trigger questions

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

mrmosin

My "new" IZH-35M and trigger questions

Post by mrmosin »

I have to gloat a little. An "as new" IZH-35M for $300 at a gun show. I took it apart as instructed, and cleaned it. The trigger is giving me fits. In what order do I adjust the trigger? Where can I find magazines?

The trigger feels like it has a 3 stage pull, I can't seem to get it working together.
Shooting Kiwi

Get the manual - it's got pictures!

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Do you have a manual? Easily found on the 'net if you don't. If you don't like the Russian instructions, search for the Walther KSP200 manual, which is a bit hidden on one of the Walther sites. Sorry, can't remember the relevant URLs - stored on another HD.

If you have a grip safety and don't like it or need it, it can be removed: search this forum for instructions. Essentially it's just a matter of removing the grip safety lever and its spring, then re-adjusting sear engagement.

It sounds as if you have too much 'take-up' and sear engagement. Take-up is adjusted by the screw in front of the trigger: anti-clockwise to increase. Sear engagement is adjusted by the screw on the left of the frame, pointing backwards and upwards, towards the rear sight: anti-clockwise to reduce. (I hope I've remembered the directions correctly!) The screw behind the trigger adjusts trigger over-travel. Trigger weight is adjusted by the screw vertically above the trigger, accessed through the hole in the top cover (although I think some require the cover to be removed, lacking this hole).

I think your gloating is fully justified.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

toughmandave

Post by toughmandave »

http://izh.petebrunelli.com/scrapbook/izh35m-comp.html

Above is a link to make your trigger adjustments. You stole the gun at $300.00. Hope you got a magazine or two. They are impossible to find. You will find a ton of info on the 35M; Just Google Baikal IZH 35M and you will find a bunch. dave
toughmandave

Post by toughmandave »

The trigger weight adjustment hole is directly above the trigger as the previous post indicates, however if you have the scope rail mounted, you will have to remove it because the hole is under the rail. dave
mrmosin

Post by mrmosin »

Got the trigger adjusted. WOW! I may have found some mags, I will know Monday, The ruskies need to learn metal polishing
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

mrmosin wrote:
The ruskies need to learn metal polishing
They also need to learn to use sharp milling cutters - the general quality of machining is pretty rough - but it's fine where it really needs to be. Also, they need to use better materials - the breech block will get peened where it contacts the hammer and the breech's rear face will get peened where the breech block slams against it. Search this forum for extensive discussion about doubling, which occurs as this peening gets to critical levels.

However, I suppose these pistols were never expected to last for decades of heavy use. Be kind to it - use only standard-velocity ammo. Anyway, you will forgive it all its faults when you fire it in earnest! Wish they would make another batch.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

The ruskies need to learn metal polishing
In the Soviet Russia, the metal polishes you!

- Yakov Smirnoff